Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

p0633- skim key not programmed in pcm

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 12:39 PM
owarlord
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation p0633- skim key not programmed in pcm

sup guys? this is my first post. I just got home for r&r, and my car is giving me and error code of p0633 which is: skim key not programmed in pcm. Car wont turn over or anything. only noise it makes is the relay box in the engine compartment. Also another thing i noticed when i was trouble shooting was my grounding wire to my engine block has arced and broke by the frame. dont know really what to do besides take it to a dealer. Which i really dont want to do I like to do all my own work. From what i've gathered though this kind of thing isn't something i can do on my own without lots of diagnostic tools or a lot of wire chasing im up for any suggestions. thankyou

Old 02-07-2010, 02:13 PM
mxrnick
Veteran

well first of all even without a chipped key the car will still start but will only run for a few minutes. so i would check other things. you said the solenoid clicks so i would check your battery first make sure its still at 12 volts. then you said a ground wire broke so get some but connectors and heat shrink tubing fix that. then make sure all the grounds still have a good connection. take them off sand em down to clean metal and then reconnect. there are 4 total i think. 1 or 2 by the ecu, 1 more on the other side of the of the radiator and 1 on the passengerside strut mount/engine tourqe mount. ill find a thread on it if you want. im sure you will be able to figure it out. its happend to someone at some time thats what i have found out from the forums. good luck

edit: i just looked it up and p0633 means you have a staged pcm. it wont hurt anything and the car should run just fine with it. if you want it to go away then you will have to see the dealership and have them flash it.

Last edited by mxrnick; 02-07-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-16-2016, 05:42 AM
SrtCris661

Mxrnick..what you mean by staged PCM??? My SRT just started throwin this code p0633

Quick Reply: p0633- skim key not programmed in pcm