Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Turn Signals / Blinkers not working

Old 09-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Chris/Steph
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Signals / Blinkers not working

My name is Chris and I am new here. My girl drives an 05' srt4 and she is probably a member to the site already.

The blinkers are not working. They started blinking erratically when the turn signal was engaged. Now when the signal is engaged nothing happens at all. The hazard lights still work and the brake lights work as well. I checked all of the fuses and they are all good. I went to autozone to try to pick up a signal relay, thinking this could be the problem and they told me that there is no signal relay, that there is a signal module that is a dealer only part. Where should I start???

Old 09-09-2010, 05:34 PM
classicirish37

You dont have any lights out at all? Not even a turn signal bulb that could be one cause and you checked the large fuses underneath the hood?

Old 09-10-2010, 08:58 AM
Chris/Steph

When the car is cold in the early morning, or late night, the blinkers work.

I will check all of the bulbs again when I get home tonight. The fuses under the hood are all good. I was told that there is a blinker module under the driver side kick panel and there is a blinker swith that goes bad often. The blinker switch is the whole assembly that the turn signal is attached to. Costs like $100. I was told that if you check the black wire that leads to it, if it is melted it is bad.

Does anybody know what reading to look for if you measure the Ohms on a relay?

Old 09-12-2010, 09:25 AM
Chris/Steph

I double checked all of the bulbs, and they are all good. Double checked all of the fuses, and they are all good. The problem is intermitant, and I noticed if I constantly move the turn signal, or wiggle it, the blinkers go on and off. I am going to pick up the part today. It is only 65 at autozone, cheaper since I have the fog lights. I will post to let you know what happens.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turn Signals / Blinkers not working