Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

base model neon to srt sleeper

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 05:27 PM
daksnbeers
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default base model neon to srt sleeper

Hey everyone from this part of dodge forum. I'm ussualy found in the dakota section of this site but I was wondering how much on average is it to pick up a motor out of a srt4 and do a mild build up. Bigger cam bored& polished head any better aftermarket pistons for these? And a good turbo set up. Plus a tranny. I don't mess with 4 bangers much but kind of wanna make a sick american made sleeper to blow away all these rice burner hondas here in central fl

Old 11-29-2013, 10:48 PM
monzaguy

look at upwards of 4000$ for all the listed items, then start doing some research, 2 grand will get you a great turbo,cams about 300, head work is anyones dream guess...depending on who you get to do the work. Some shops that KNOW what to do charge 1000-2000 and upwards depending on what you want done.Reworked trans,look at paying 1500 or over. you get what you pay for. Pistons arecomparably cheap....maybe 600 for something decent.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:33 AM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker

Depending on your urgency, a srt swap could be done for 2grand or less. As for power; a bone stock swap can go 12.1 on slicks. There are a number of ways to build the swap, so I would do a lot of research to save on money and headaches.

Quick Reply: base model neon to srt sleeper