Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Mopar Performance BOV

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 04:06 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mopar Performance BOV

I just installed my Mopar Performance BOV Saturday morning and it was well worth the 1-1/2 hours that it took to install it.[sm=smiley4.gif][sm=smiley17.gif][sm=smiley32.gif][sm=smiley1.gif][sm=smiley14.gif][sm=smiley27.gif] I love it and it's great fun to have on your SRT-4, if you didn't get looks in it before you will after putting in the BOV. Some people have had problems with theirs leaking and causing a loss of boost pressure, I have a cheap easy fix for it that also helps with the install. Get some Permatex Hylomar Gasket Dressing and Flange Sealant, it's only $2.99 for a 1FL.OZ squeeze tube(you will only use 1/1 trillionth of it). Simply squeeze a little onto the gasket and spread it around with your finger(or anything) to make a really thin coating on both sides then stick it on the proper side of the BOV(now you don't have to worry about dropping the gasket). The hardest part of the whole install was trying to get the BOV assembly back in with the 3rd(HARD AS HELL) bolt back in with it and getting it threaded in some. Before and after that it was pretty easy.[sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley4.gif]

Old 04-11-2004, 04:56 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mopar Performance BOV

Did your Tim Taylor/Home Improvement tools help much??[sm=smiley4.gif]

Old 04-11-2004, 11:28 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend

It made all the difference in the world.[sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley36.gif]The turbo oil line, with the BOV in place, was in the way to much to get the ratcheting wrench back on it for the install until that bolt was almost done, but they worked miracles on the other bolts as well. The straight ratcheting wrench was best for the hard to reach bolt and the offset ratcheting wrench was best for the other 2 bolts. A 10mm open end shorty wrench is best for putting the hard bolt back on, I didn't even drop it once.[sm=smiley4.gif]I'm paying for all the bending over the car and the akward wrenching today, kinda sore. One of the most pain-in-the-a** parts was removing the intake tube from the turbo, it just didn't want to come off and you can't get a good grip or have any room in which to work it off.[sm=smiley5.gif]

Dusty, you have to get yours on, it's pretty frickin' cool. I find myself just giving it a little gas and letting off just to hear the BOV over and over again[sm=smiley4.gif][sm=smiley17.gif][sm=smiley9.gif], so much for fuel mileage.[sm=smiley13.gif][sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 04-11-2004, 11:42 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

ORIGINAL: 71RoadRunner

Dusty, you have to get yours on, it's pretty frickin' cool. I find myself just giving it a little gas and letting off just to hear the BOV over and over again[sm=smiley4.gif][sm=smiley17.gif][sm=smiley9.gif], so much for fuel mileage.[sm=smiley13.gif][sm=smiley36.gif]
I know, I've got it sitting on my kitchen table and every time I walk by, it says "Put me on!!!" I don't have the "toolman" tools though, but the people that work on our squad cars at work might be willing to do it for a small fee, cheaper than a dealer. Gotta make sure they know what they're doing though....where'd ya get the Permatex at????[sm=smiley14.gif]

Old 04-12-2004, 01:24 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

You can get it most anywhere, but I buy most of my stuff at Auto Zone and haven't had any problems with them and there stuff. I think it was only $2.99 there at Auto Zone, they have tons of Permatex stuff so make sure it's the Gasket Dressing. You might be able to use some of their gasket maker stuff for it, but the dressin seemed the way to go and it worked out great.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 04-12-2004, 01:41 AM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Great!!! They just built an Auto Zone right across the street from my condo complex....perfect! [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 04-12-2004, 04:04 AM
megaman
Professional

looks like wee got a member of the hiss patrol[&:]. enjoy the head turning and gawking that the mopar bov, will get you, and say good bye to any sleeper aspirations thought[:@].

Old 04-12-2004, 07:48 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

People definately take notice when they hear it.[sm=smiley4.gif]If I accelerate without getting into or right before boosting, then no one will be any the more wiser though.[sm=smiley15.gif]And after someone does try ya' it's all over for them, unless they have even more. But then again, who can do that when it's such a great sound.[sm=smiley24.gif][sm=smiley17.gif][sm=smiley16.gif]

Old 04-12-2004, 02:15 PM
NU2ltSRT-4

I put on the Mopar BOV on my car a few weeks ago. I was wonderin how you would know if it was leaking and losing boost pressure?

Old 04-13-2004, 04:11 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

You might be able to hear it, but if you can't then just do a full throttle run and see if it is putting out as much boost as it should(in 3rd or 4th gear is best). Mine varys depending on the weather, but it is between 13-15psi max boost at WOT. With tonights cold wet weather here in Ohio, it only got up to 13psi.[sm=smiley13.gif]

Quick Reply: Mopar Performance BOV