Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

SRT-4 vs 350Z ????

Old 05-05-2006, 12:51 AM
fhblake04
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SRT-4 vs 350Z ????

Z32's are so classy. Such beautiful cars. Going to own one before long. Nice car man. [8D]

Old 03-29-2007, 12:55 PM
Smoking350Z

Just a couple thoughts on the SRT vs the Z. Hands down, no debate the Z is the better sports car, not necessarily the fastest, thats up to the owner. It is an actual sports car, not a Sentra with twin turbos. Dodge is showing American ingenuity at it's best, slaps a dress on a pig and renames a Neon. If you want to race a Z, or any car for that matter, race them on anlevel playing field. The cars performance is rather equal out of the box, so the driver can make a difference. The Z has been solely a sports car for the last 30 years.Never designed to be a grocery getter, never designed for a car seat.Let the comparison stop there.

Old 03-29-2007, 01:34 PM
srt4lover6
Rookie

when all i had was a turboback amd mm i killed a Z. there not all that stock!

Old 04-12-2007, 01:16 AM
projectsrt 4

i owned a 05' 350z. i took it to thedragstrip and ran a 14.1 for my best run before i flipped it witch was not my fault. now i own a 05' srt-4 and took it to the strip the other day and i ran a 14.0 with the track being slick. so in my opion you wouldbeat the350z but that is what i think.

Old 04-12-2007, 02:00 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

ORIGINAL: Smoking350Z

Just a couple thoughts on the SRT vs the Z. Hands down, no debate the Z is the better sports car, not necessarily the fastest, thats up to the owner. It is an actual sports car, not a Sentra with twin turbos. Dodge is showing American ingenuity at it's best, slaps a dress on a pig and renames a Neon. If you want to race a Z, or any car for that matter, race them on anlevel playing field. The cars performance is rather equal out of the box, so the driver can make a difference. The Z has been solely a sports car for the last 30 years.Never designed to be a grocery getter, never designed for a car seat.Let the comparison stop there.
pretty well stated. but for those with 2 kids and a budget,but still wanting some sporty play, SRT is hands down the best fit.
2 ways to look at the ??? vs. ???
Stock for stock = fairly straight forward with little room for debate (power to weight, slalom, 1/4 mile, 0-60, 60-0, lateral grip, etc) of course the testconditionsand driver can make a difference
then there is Modded vs. Modded in which the debate can rage on endlessly with no resloution in sight. if the Z had x&y mods and the srt a & b mods, blah blah blah blah...

btw smoking, great to see you brought an ancient thread back to life

Old 04-12-2007, 11:27 AM
MEandmySRT
Professional

ORIGINAL: Smoking350Z

30 years of true sports car design and evolved sports car perfomance and it'll get owned by a cheap grocery getter with four doors. I'd call that American ingenuity at its finest.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:11 PM
redevil
All Star

smokin has a point...the Z is a far better sports car and looks great,but when your sitting in front of those yellow lights, waiting for the green,reving up the RPMs......looks dont matter, and thats what our cars are made for.So what if you got an AWD STI or evo.....and get agreat head start in front of me, dont forget to look behind because I'll be coming for you!!!!

Old 04-12-2007, 01:17 PM
MEandmySRT
Professional

I get the better sports car angle but only to a point. I've had an Alfa spider and an earlier RX7 and both were better sports cars but that term loses its luster a bit when I actually enjoy driving my four door dressed up pig better. And I'm sure the grocery hauler handles better, brakes better and is so much faster than those old schools sports cars I had.

Old 04-12-2007, 03:11 PM
silverblacksrt4
Veteran

u'll kill the Z!!!!

Old 04-13-2007, 12:56 AM
`71RR383SRT4
Professional

WOW look what I started. Well just to let you guys in on some info. The guy who HAD the 350Z would never race me. Every time he had some reason why. Then about 4 months ago he traded it in on a `07 Mustang GT. And he still says he has the faster car. OH and by the way he still won't race me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SRT-4 vs 350Z ????