Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Where can I get PCM reflashed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 07:14 PM
StupidSRTGuy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I get PCM reflashed?

I just bought so many upgrades its kinda sick and I need a reflash so the **** runs right. Who reflashes? Webistes? Costs? It would be much appreciated.

Old 09-29-2006, 08:22 PM
Jims04srt
Captain
Default RE: Where can I get PCM reflashed?

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123065

This will help you

Old 09-30-2006, 01:55 AM
moparman04
Captain

why would it run crappy without being reflashed ?? i thought that just was putting anew VIN on it

Old 09-30-2006, 03:06 AM
blue_srt4
Professional

what mods do you have?

Old 09-30-2006, 04:05 AM
Pressurecooker
Record Breaker

Woah, woah, woah, back up. First you need to tell us what mods and then what ecm.
If you just have a few simple bolt ons, e.g. blue plate, short ram, exhaust etc, the stage zero computer might just need a reboot by disconnecting the batt, but it should handle simple upgrades without needing to do more than that. Any more than that, and you have more serious issues that may require a "stage" computer or some stand alone systems. To my knowledge you cannot change the programming in the stock computer, you can only reboot it. It is only mildy mod tolerant as well. If you need a stage computer, you will indeed need to get it "flashed" with your vin or to my understanding, it will not even run. A stage computer can be flashed by a dealer (but some tell me they don't know how [b.s.]), flight sytems or I hear by anyone with a sophisticated enough OBD II scan tool though I know not of what tool this is by name. I might be smokin dope on that one.

Old 09-30-2006, 04:23 PM
StupidSRTGuy

If the SRT4 is anything like an EVO PCM the stock can be reflashed to add all upgrades. Currently though upgrades include NeedsWings 3' Cutout downpipe, EVO2 exhaust, Perrin CAI, Stage 2 Cams w/ springs and retainers, Walboro H/F Fuel pump, Perrin Fuel Rail, AGP Race FMIC w/ full 3' hardpipe kit, HKS BOV, Wideband 02 sensor, Hallman Boost controller. Coming soon : GT35R Turbo kit, 750cc injectors, Racing shortblock, AEM stand alone

Old 09-30-2006, 08:32 PM
Plan B
Captain

How soon are you getting the AEM stand alone? That will take care of all of your mods....

As for the stock PCM, only thing you can do is reboot it, but I can't say how well it would handle all your mods. That is quite a list to still be on the stock PCM....

Old 09-30-2006, 10:39 PM
StupidSRTGuy

Thats why I havent put all of them on. I know if I put all of them on the PCM would **** itself and dump too much fuel not enough air and all kinds of stuff. And I know for a fact the stock EVO PCM can just be reflashed w/ all mods. The stand alone wont be in untill my tax return next year. So it aint gonna be in the real near future. Should I just do the Stage 2 and run that till I get the stand alone?

Old 10-01-2006, 10:26 AM
Pressurecooker
Record Breaker

Welcome to Dodge world hombre! Ther'll be no reflashin here padna. Yer gonna hef ta git yerself one o' them thar stage 'puters ifn ya wanna go an do all thet crazy stuff yer talkin, ya hear?
Or a standalone......

Quick Reply: Where can I get PCM reflashed?