Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Headers for SRT-4

Old 02-17-2007, 04:58 AM
stocksrt4
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers for SRT-4

I have a stock srt-4 and was looking for some headers for it does anyone know where i can get them??

Old 02-17-2007, 05:15 AM
Pressurecooker
Record Breaker
Default RE: Headers for SRT-4

You're joking right?
If not, go to Maxxfab.com and look at the pics.

Old 02-17-2007, 05:18 AM
stocksrt4
Rookie

um i still dont see headers on here bro can u send me the exact link? and thx

Old 02-17-2007, 05:23 AM
Pressurecooker
Record Breaker

Sure Bro, go here;
http://www.maxxfab.com/

Old 02-17-2007, 05:29 AM
stocksrt4
Rookie

I cant find headers at this site bro

Old 02-17-2007, 05:52 AM
Pressurecooker
Record Breaker

You wont find "headers" because this is a turbo car. What you can find are different exhaust manifolds for different turbos. Maxxfab does everything from the turbo back which is what 99% of us need. If you are looking to do a turbo upgrade, you will need to go to a turbo vendor such as AGP. Here's thier link; http://www.agpturbo.com/home.php?xid...92c937f99fa740
What exactly are you looking to do?

Old 02-17-2007, 05:44 PM
04blksrt
Veteran

im thinking hes looking for "headers". like on a truck or like the 4-2-1 header on a civic (N/A motor headers).

Old 02-17-2007, 06:02 PM
stocksrt4
Rookie

i was lookin for headers lol i thought you could put them on there b/c i just helped my buddy put some on his GTO and it made it sound 100 times better so im looking for something that will add some HP and make it sound louder and deeper but not like a 4 cylinder

Old 02-17-2007, 07:19 PM
04blksrt
Veteran

yeah man....we dont have "headers" like those cars do. we have a turbo exhaust minafold. if you want to get some more power then you deff. need to at least free up the catilytic converter<--- (i know theres no way that is spelled right so please dont make fun!!! )...free the cat up, maybe swap out toa 3" downpipe (but youll have to find one that has a bung for the 02 snesor, or you can have bung welded on to your custom downpipe if you choose that route). Then you could do a 3" cat back exhaust. The easiet option, if money is no problem, is to drop about 800$ at maxfabb.com, exhaustdepot.com, modern performance.com, or turbo neon store.com and just get you a "turbo back" exhaust. this will give you everything you need (o2 bung, 3" d/p, and 3" catback). car would sound crazy good....however it would be considerably louder, so a lot of folks put on a chevy camaro style mufflerto give it a little better tone, but im not sure how much power you would be robbing yourself of.........
BETTER EXHAUST FLOW =BETTER TURBO POWER.... there are several diff. exhaust on the market. just find one that best suites you. you could always go the way that i did/am going and that is find you a GOOD exhaust shop and work with them to build your own custom exhaust. that way you can have your input involved and would be a lot more inclined to cut on the pipe to make changes due to the fact that you didnt have to a mortgage out just to buy it...just my .02

Old 02-18-2007, 05:37 AM
Pressurecooker
Record Breaker

Be ready to spend some coin. Go to Howell Automotive and start with a 3"Corsa Cat back. Sounds awesome.You will NOT be dissappointed. Quality is second to none. If that is not loud enough, do the 3 inch downpipe and 3 inch O2 housing from Maxxfab as well, this, total,is what I have. It is nothing short of insane. My car sounds like a jet aircraft. It is sick!I have had it on all of 2 weeks and I already went and bought a Dynomax race bullet to weld in which I hope to do tomorrow. I, personally do not mind the sound and if I was alone in this world, I'd leave it just as it is. ButI have neighbors whoI have to live with, hence, the bullet which, I'm sure, will hardly be enough. Corsa + Maxxfabb FTW!
I gotta do a vid before the bullet and after the bullet install, it is orgasmic to say the least.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Headers for SRT-4