Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.
View Poll Results: A poll
Have S2 W/TT
20.00%
Have S2 WO/TT
13.33%
Want S2 W/TT
46.67%
Want S2 WO/tt
20.00%
I Drive an RT/SXT... (some here do so ill let them vote)
0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

with or with out toys?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 01:16 PM
Gump
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default with or with out toys?

Im close to getting stage 2 but i still dont know if i want it with or with out toys. so to all the people that have it/ dont have it, want to get it with toys/or not. tell me why and maybe one of your ideas or logic will sway me . are toys worth the $$

Old 08-21-2004, 02:03 PM
PSI Chick
Champion
Default RE: with or with out toys?

i have stage 2 with toys. the race gas mode and dial-a-boost are definitely worth it for me.

the dial-a-boost allows you to control the boost levels, basically it's a 4 stage boost controller. it's great on the highways too, as you can just run on setting 0 and i have seen 30 mpg. it's shift on the fly, so if you see a car worth running, just switch to setting 2 or 3 and off you go. stage 2 with out toys is permanently on setting 3, which is very hard to control wheel spin in 1st and 2nd with out dr's or slicks. setting 2 is much better for running street tires, as it limits boost in 1st and 2nd to allow traction.

the race gas switch is also a great feature, and believe me that it works! here's an example: a friend of mine also has stage 2 w/tt. he ran a sti and beat him by about 1/2 a car. he then put in some race gas and hit the red button. raced the same sti again and beat him by about 4 cars. definitely worth it!!!

the intercooler sprayer is a nice feature, but honestly i've never used mine to date. i don't even have the reservoir filled (i modified the set up and used an external tank for the ic sprayer rather than cut into the stock one). i had problems with the pipes exploding when we tried to use it, and i haven't bothered to fix it yet. i'll let you know if i ever get it working.

Old 08-21-2004, 02:55 PM
Gump
Record Breaker

good stuff... thanks for the info. the first feature seems like the one id want to use the most... as for the second one id rather have a small fuel cell so i could swick gas types on the road and the intercooler sprayer just seems like its uneeded. and i saw a vid of you (psi chick) at the track racing a 92 viper. good show.

Old 08-22-2004, 05:38 AM
Gump
Record Breaker

can you buy the dial a boost seperatly? cause i think that is the only thing id want from the toys.

Old 08-22-2004, 02:05 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You cannot add any of the turbo toys seperately. However you can get an aftermarket boost controller.

Old 08-22-2004, 11:39 PM
glhs837

Ah, RR, but to get equivalent flexibility, you gotta buy big I love mine. One drawback, it had rained earlier, real hard, so I had dialed it back to 0 (basically no more that 7 lbs max) And later, forgot. Punched it, thought "Hmmm, am I that used to the power?"

Then I looked down and saw the dial. Set 2 and punched it 16-17psi, wahoo!!!!!
As far as the fuel cell, when the complexity of it is added up, it's not worth it in my mind. I have used racefuel once, incredible
Next step will be using water injection to replace racegas. Upfront cost is higher, at 230ish to over 400, depending on whos system you buy.

But given how much racegas costs, it will pay for itself pretty quick

Old 08-23-2004, 06:48 AM
Gump
Record Breaker

glhs837.... have you had another car with a boost controler?

Old 08-24-2004, 01:37 AM
Wheat_Burner
Professional

ORIGINAL: Gump

Im close to getting stage 2 but i still dont know if i want it with or with out toys. so to all the people that have it/ dont have it, want to get it with toys/or not. tell me why and maybe one of your ideas or logic will sway me . are toys worth the $$
It all depends on what you want to do:
Do you see yourself adding an after market turbo sometime in the future? Go WITHOUT toys or possibly Stage 1.
Do you see yourself going with Stage 3 in the future? Go WITH toys.
Do you see Stage 2 as the biggest turbo upgrade? Go WITH toys.

In my opinion, go with S2 w/ Toys and wait patiently until S3 comes out.

Old 08-24-2004, 07:32 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think that Stage 3 is going to be worth the big price tag that it's going to have since it will include a new larger turbo. The gains won't be worth it to me, only 15 horsepower over Stage 2 w/toys and you know that the turbo from Stage 3 will be at least $1,000+. That alone isn't worth the 15 extra horses.[sm=badidea.gif][sm=noooo.gif][sm=nothatway.gif]

Old 08-24-2004, 10:37 AM
glhs837

RR,

I see you are not quite up to date on S3 and where it stands as of the latest updates Here's a quick write-up from a respected SRTforums member (warriorbob) on what they learned during the get together the Detroit SRT owners had with the SRT guys on Aug 7th. I posted links to the photos during our debate on the 05 orange car. The weight of that car is given as 2700 in race trim, with driver and gas, about 300 less than stock car, with no weight reduction. I spaced it out for better legibility.

"the lightwieght car ran an 11.88 it weighs 400 lbs less then stock

it is running stage 3 with no cat not sure of size of dp racegas 370 hp 380 ftlbs torque

without race gas 355 hp 360 ftlbs torque

running stock 04 trans and axles these times were with slicks has stock airbox and all the internals in the motor are stock...............ohhh ya and they have not even tuned the car yet................thats next.............................."

The time referred to was in the high 11s. And another member who spoke to Ethan was told that 12.5 is expected for a stock car, he did not say if that was street tires or drag radials.

Here's a good thread, once you get past the inevitable "Mopar sucks!!!! Does not!!!!!" crud.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/show...t=detroit+meet

Quick Reply: with or with out toys?