Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Timing and Ignition Controller???

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 03:48 PM
Kristjan SRT4
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timing and Ignition Controller???

Is this something you would recommend in our cars and does someone have it?

They say that it can also work as a boost controller. Soooo, would you recommend this or a boost controller for me!

---

This is the smallest STAND-ALONE unit in our range. It is reliable, affordable and ideal suited for 4 cylinder engines, but can be used on 6 and 8 cylinder applications. The unit is compact and has been designed for quick and easy trouble free installation.
Here are the brief Specifications:
[ul][*]2 built in ignition drivers for up to 15A each, ideal for wasted spark applications[*]2 Injection drivers for up to 5A each[*]AMP (MAP) input for normal aspirated and boost applications[*]Engine and AIR temperature sensing inputs[*]Narrow band LAMBDA input[*]Boost and Rev counter direct drive outputs[*]Crank and CAM trigger inputs[*]Fuel pump relay drive[/ul]

The TIC uses multi tooth crank signals for precise ignition control up to 10000RPM at 60 teeth per turn.Boost mapping and rev-counter outputs are standard features of the TIC. Plus closed, partial or open loop lambda mapping makes your tuning experience complete. Further more all outputs are fuse protected for increased reliability.

The software to fly this unit is as revolutionary as engine management software goes. The tuning screens can be switched OFF and ON as needed for specific applications. Tuning screens using inputs such as air, engine temperature, throttle position, rpm, manifold pressure and lambda are used to make your tuning experience a precise and pleasurable experience. Onboard data logging records max readings on engine RPM, temperatures and manifold pressure, plus history recording displays how long you have driven at a certain map point which is then displayed in minutes.
You can also configure the software to display all inputs graphically on dial gauges or on a graph. The real time logging records all operations of the unit and can then played back at your own leisure. This info can then also be exported to excel for further review.

This entry-level unit is packed with all software features of the much bigger units, but lacks only the amount of output wires. The unit is encapsulated against dust and moisture ingress.

The TIC unit is ideal for OEM packaging and can be delivered in different shape and package. Typical applications are: Off-road vehicles, Kit cars, Engine re-builds, Marine use, And Emergency Power Plants. Contact the office for more on OEM applications.

Typical Applications:

A) Street legal, or racing: 4 cylinders, Wasted spark, Batch sequential injection, Turbo Boost, or Supercharged

B) Racing: 6 cylinders, distributor, Parallel injection, Boosted or normal aspirated

C) Racing: 8 cylinders, distributor (or two distributors), Parallel injection, Boosted or normal aspirated

Old 03-28-2007, 07:41 PM
PSI Chick
Champion
Default RE: Timing and Ignition Controller???

what is it?

Old 03-29-2007, 05:37 AM
joshgish
Rookie

where did you see this at?

Old 03-29-2007, 07:49 AM
Kristjan SRT4
Professional

Well, It's for sale here in Iceland, hehe, That's why I asked you, I don't know what it is. But you might figure it out if you read this article about it.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:52 AM
joshgish
Rookie

Yeah I just looked up timing and ignition controller up and and got the website its called perfect power .com and It was interesting but I haven't seen or heard of anyone with that.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:56 AM
joshgish
Rookie

If you do get it ,give us some feedback on it.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:09 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

i know what it is, what i'm asking is what's the make/model of this one. most of these timing and ignition controllers don't work too well on our cars.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:31 PM
Kristjan SRT4
Professional

It's from http://www.perfectpower.com/

Old 03-29-2007, 11:44 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

never heard of them. i would email them and ask, but i doubt that it will work. if msd can't get one to work i have a hard time believing that they can.

Quick Reply: Timing and Ignition Controller???