New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New to the site with some trans questions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 07:58 PM
southboundpachaderm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the site with some trans questions.

What's up DF members!
I have been a die hard Mopar fan my entire life. My family was into racing so when I was young during the summer I was either at my Grandfather's gas station or my Uncle's body shop. Every weekend when the weather was good I was at the drag strip. needless to say all I ever rode in was a Chrysler product. The first car I remember my mother owning was a 70' Super Bee with a 383 automatic. I still love those cars. so you could imagine how excited I was to find this site today.
Now for my question. I am in the process of planning out a RWD conversion on my 87' Shelby Daytona. The all aluminum 3.5 V6 has caught my eye, but, I would like to keep it a five speed.(or 6spd.) Since the 3.5 or that family of engines is based on the 3.3 do they all share the same bell housing bolt pattern? I imagine the 4.o has a manual as well as the 3.5 in the Challengers. This newer stuff is all alien to me, so I am lost.
Money is the main reason I couldn't use a newer 3.5 out of a challenger, so will an older version like00' to 08' use the challenger bell housing? Or will the Jeep 4.0 bell housing work with an older 3.5? Any help would be monstrously appreciated. And I promise other post will not be this long.
Thank You All,
Southboundpachaderm

Old 09-27-2014, 11:06 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure which section this belongs in, either classics or k-cars. Take a look in those sections and post up there. Those folks will be able to help you out.

Quick Reply: New to the site with some trans questions.