Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2007 2.7 dodge charger 6 cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 04:36 PM
avaloslm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 2.7 dodge charger 6 cylinder

I have a brand new ETC on my dodger charger but the lightning bolt light still comes on and stays on all the time now, also that loud noise comes on like when your charger over heats but it's not over heating. It drives well and excels although i don't drive it long distances at the time. I was told ETC since new might need to be updated or reprogrammed but don't know if that is the issue. Help anyone I am really confused as to what is causing the lightning bolt light on dashboard and loud revving noise?
Also when brand new radiator disconnected loud noise goes away. but comes back when radiator connected but that is also brand new?

Last edited by avaloslm; 11-30-2015 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:56 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

I am guessing ETC is electronic traction control? If the light is on, that means the system has an issue, (and/or is disabled.) What year is the car??

Welcome to DF!

Old 11-30-2015, 07:34 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

How do you disconnect the radiator? What kind of noise?

Old 11-30-2015, 07:38 PM
avaloslm
Default ETC issues

year is 2007 2.7 but like I said the ETC is new so I am not sure why there would be issues and the lightning bolt light comes on and stays on!

Old 12-01-2015, 11:19 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Was the ETC replaced as a DIY job, or was it done at a dealership or independent repair facility? If it was done at a dealer or IRF, have you made them aware that the light has come on since the replacement?

Old 12-01-2015, 11:39 AM
avaloslm

It was replaced by a auto mechanic at an auto shop, ETC was programmed at the time with proper equipment and did not have this issues until recently. Also I called a dodge dealership and they said sometimes ETC needs an update or be reprogrammed. Don't know how true that is?

Old 12-01-2015, 11:55 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

How recently was it replaced?

As I work for FCA, we rely on our dealership service teams for technical expertise and diagnoses/repairs, so I would recommend letting the dealership take a look at this.

Old 12-01-2015, 12:01 PM
avaloslm

about 5 months ago and I live in Tijuana so I really don't want to chance it waiting in line at the boarder, something could happen. Also they are expensive trying to avoid that. The lightning bolt comes on as soon as I start the car and never goes off, also the cooling fan for the radiator which is brand new also only a few months old, also makes a loud noise as soon as car starts but does not stop loud noise even after a while, but car is not overheating either so don't know if that has to do with first issue or is a different issue all together.

Old 12-02-2015, 09:56 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

You could check with the shop you had it done at to see if they have any kind of warranty for their repairs that would still be intact for you since this could possibly be related.

I performed a search for any possible related TSBs, but I was unable to find one.

Old 12-27-2015, 01:09 AM
Deanne0978

My 2006 Dodge Charger had the same light come on 2 times since I have owned it. The first time was the water pump the second time was the housing on the thermostat leaking. Also my heater quit working when the throttle sensor light came on. (Lighting bolt light)

Quick Reply: 2007 2.7 dodge charger 6 cylinder