New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Frustrated journey owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 11:12 AM
callie.79
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frustrated journey owner

Hi every one. I'm new to posting here but have been visiting this board off and on for a while now. I am a very frustrated owner of a 2014 Dodge Journey SE with 36,500 miles on it. I bought this car brand new in August of 2014. At 7,000 miles there would sometimes be a pop from the front end on the passenger side(the dealer couldn't duplicate). At 21,000 miles the front end noise became more often and the car started pulling to the right(the dealer performed an alignment but still couldn't duplicate the noise). At 32,000 miles the car is back to pulling to the right and the steering wheel is vibrating as well as the sound from the front end is more frequent. I took it to my usual dealer who couldn't find anything wrong with my car so I scheduled an appointment with the dealer I purchased the car from.(I hadn't taken it there due to being over an hour away)

My first appointment on January 6th my husband was informed that we needed 4 new tires and another alignment before they could look at anything. We approved this and the work started. After they did that work we were informed that they would be replacing the passenger side strut and both front strut mounts. I picked up my car on January 13th and noticed that all of the issues were still there. Vibration, pulling and noise in the front end.

So my husband and I took it back in on January 18 and took one of the employees on a ride to show him what is going on. They began working on my car again and told me that the new tires were not balanced and that they were going to change the sway bar links and the stabilizer bar bushings. I picked up my car again on January 23 and the vibration and pulling are gone but the front end noise is still there and happening more frequently.

I spoke with my service tech and scheduled to take it back next Wednesday. While on the phone with him he stated that "there should not be anything to make noise since we replaced all of those parts, unless something was broken that we can't see". He also mumbled something about if it is that then the alignment would not stay. I have drove less than 150 miles since I picked it up Saturday.

I am so angry and frustrated right now. This is our every day driver and to me it's not safe to be driving my 3 kids around in. Does anyone else have any experience with this? I have video of the sound that I took this morning. Sorry this is so long and thank you if you got all the way through it.

Callie

Old 01-27-2016, 11:16 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Sorry for your troubles. ON our second trouble free Journey. Just make sure you document everything and hold the dealer accountable. Good luck!

Old 01-27-2016, 11:37 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm very sorry to hear about your frustration with your Journey, Callie. It's good that you have these concerns documented under warranty. Hopefully your dealership can take care of this for you at your next appointment. If you run into any issues with having this covered under warranty, please don't hesitate to reach out to me on here.

Quick Reply: Frustrated journey owner