New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

new guy from Indiana

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 04:08 AM
JOEC3082
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new guy from Indiana

Hey fellas. I'm excited to join this forum and learn all i can to get this recently bought 97 Dakota running again.

I have little to no experience with vehicles. None with Dakotas

My buddy made me an offer i couldn't refuse and i needed a project so i gladly accepted. It's a 97 dodge dakota. But i was told it had the engine from a 98 r/t, the 5.9L. It was running when i got it. Not great but running. It also came with an after market remote starter that i was told was disabled but you could see it hanging under driver side dash.

I had previously joined a diff fourm seeking help but i forget which forum it was. I needed help cause evry time i opened the door to get in, the headlights would flash, security light would flash and she wouldnt start. I learned i had tripped the factory security system which in turn cuts out the fuel pump. So i was told to turn the key to the lock position in the door twice quickly and then to the left quickly to disarm security. That didnt work.

So for some odd ball reason i decided to uninstall the remote starter. Which i just did to the best of my knowledge.

Then i thought id try the key trick in passenger door and of course it worked lol. Imagine that.

So i have the factory securtiy system disabled and i tried to fire it up and wont even turn over. When i turn the key to the first position the dashboard lights up but when i go to start, nothing at all happens. So im thinking i screwed up the wiring unhooking the remote start. Ive been searching for a wiring diagram but no luck. Does anyone know where one is available? Better yet does anyone know the procedure to installing/uninstalling a remote start? After i unhooked the RS i didn't make anykind of connections. Let me know if theres more info yall need in order to help me get this thing running. Thanks in advance for the help

Last edited by JOEC3082; 01-29-2016 at 04:13 AM.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:56 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Post any questions you have in the 2nd gen Dakota section.

Old 01-29-2016, 02:57 PM
JOEC3082
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Welcome to the forum. Post any questions you have in the 2nd gen Dakota section.
Thank you. Will do

Quick Reply: new guy from Indiana