New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Hey Guys :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 12:34 PM
Andrewkaletsky
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Guys :)

Hey Guys!

My name is Andrew!
Im a recent college Grad and just landed my first full time job! I decided to reward myself and now on the hunt to lease a Dodge Challenger R/T. Can anyone recommend me some leasing companies in NY? I have seen some startups get into the space and wanted to see if anyone had any luck leasing their car online.

Thanks and looking forward to being a part of the dodge forum!!!

Old 04-21-2016, 01:31 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Don't know anything about leasing.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:46 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

I am really not a fan of leasing. You get slightly smaller payments than if you buy outright, but, at the end of the lease, you have already pretty much paid for the car, but, if you want to keep it, you get to pay for it again. (and you generally pay more for it than it is actually worth.) And if you drive a lot, overmileage penalties can really beat you up.

If you want a new car, just buy it outright, and finance it longer. Payments last longer, but, are about the same as lease, and in the end, you actually OWN the car.

Old 04-22-2016, 10:45 AM
Andrewkaletsky
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys! Heyyou i completely agree with you that financing is better for the long run, but my job requires me to travel and i can use the lease as a tax write off.

Have you guys every heard of carvoy.com? I just submitted a request and they gave me an offer for a challenger R/T 2016 for $349 a month with only 1k due on signing. This is for a 2 year lease and 10k miles per year.

Seems a bit low for a 2 year lease? Do you guys think it is legit or a bait and switch? Thanks!

Old 04-22-2016, 06:40 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

I would inquire about any additional costs, etc...... See if there are any reviews of them as well. (and, not from THEIR site.....)

Are you planning on driving your leased car for your business travel? If so, I think the mileage penalties will eat whatever tax break you get in fairly short order. The 10K miles per year may be the leasing companies "trap"...... If you drive every day, you will burn thru 10K miles in six to eight months, then whattaya do? Stop driving for few months?

Ask what mileage penalties are.

Old 04-23-2016, 07:57 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Go to a dealer and discuss with them. Don't fall for online sales gimmicks.

Old 04-23-2016, 10:09 AM
phillip123hastings
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum. Don't know much about leasing but I hope you get your Challenger

Old 04-25-2016, 04:03 AM
carid
Former Vendor
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Hello Andrew, welcome to the site! Congrats on your Challenger, show it to us when you can. There is a ton of information about our platform with supporting vendors who can get you where you want to go. Be sure to reach out if there something we could do to help!

Quick Reply: Hey Guys :)