New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

63 Dodge custom 880

Old 02-25-2017, 04:29 PM
63dodger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 63 Dodge custom 880

Hello everyone I'm a newbie and looking for help finding info and parts for my 63 Dodge. I have 2 problems right off the bat. 1 is the Stromberg 2 bbl model WWC carb will need priming when starting Like the fuel evaporates over night. 2 my 63 Custom 880 has a torqflite tranny with push buttons on the dash, when the car is started up you can't push the buttons in to change gears till the car warms up a bit then firm and slowly they will start to move inwards to put her in gear but it's a real struggle. I want to keep my car as stock as possible. I went through the carb but that problem is still there. I installed an electric fuel pump back near the tank to stop the priming part but now the fuel is right at the fuel fitting of the carb but won't fill the carb with fuel. Once you prime it the thing runs like a top. Anyway I also have my 2006 Ram 2500 Cummins diesel which I use for towing my travel trailer I love my truck except the constant A/C problems. Other then that life is great and I look forward to reading other threads and helping when I can.

Old 02-25-2017, 04:53 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

Welcome to DF! Not sure where to direct you for the 63, but, it would be the third gen ram section for the truck.

Old 02-25-2017, 09:40 PM
63dodger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks

Search this Thread