New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Greetings from WI

Old 03-22-2017, 03:46 PM
Pyro01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings from WI

Hello all,

I'm a proud new owner of a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Big Horn edition. This is my first truck and I'm glad I could make it a Dodge. I've always loved Dodge because of the Vipers which I hope to own one in some form someday, but we were in the market for a new vehicle and I wanted something reliable, American-made, and tough. I didn't need a third row of seating so a truck just seemed like the best option since I always seem to need to haul lumber or plywood for projects I get into.

Currently it's got 275/60R20 all-terrain tires on there, will probably leave those on for a while until I get some of the other modifications done on it. I've already put in a Spectre Cold Air Intake, ran a hypertech max energy tune on it, installed some led lighting in the cab. Next upgrade is to do an LED conversion on the dash lights to Red, install a cat-back exhaust system on it. I installed a power poplock on the tailgate because it didn't come with a lock on it. I plan to put a topper on it as I regularly hunt with hawks in Fall/Winter as I'm a licensed falconer, and why keep the hawk box in the cab when you can secure it down in the bed. i also want to get a brush guard on there, I haven't figured out what I want quite yet but if I can afford a Westin HDX that'd probably be ideal. Plan to get some led light bars on the brush guard as well.

Lots of plans for this truck, look forward to seeing what others have done to theirs and get some good suggestions. I plan to go with a Black and Red theme on the truck, but it seems like a waste of chrome to plastidip it so I don't know what I'm going to do in regards to that.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:50 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Welcome aboard! Check out the 3rd gen Ram section.

Search this Thread