North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

95 Dakota 3.9 stalling when coming to stop

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 12:43 AM
dana a
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 95 Dakota 3.9 stalling when coming to stop

iam beating my head against the fenders on this one this truck has been sitting more than its been driven. it has had 1200 miles put on it in the past 9yrs. it started stumbling and stalling after we drove it a few hundred miles. i cleaned the tb and took out the iac moter cleaned it and its seat replaced the fuel pump it all made it run better but it still stalling out when i come to a stop. anyone had this problem? oh i have cleaned all electrical connections checked the red and white wires under the relay box by the bat. reconnected them. no check engine light put my scanner on it it all looks good.

Old 07-13-2012, 01:30 AM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the TPS sensor is bad.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:27 AM
dana a
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok on the scaner at idle it shows 0% open and like .61 volts this truck doesnt do it all the time but it get old trying to keep it running at a stop . its a five speed. going to make a trip to our local pick and pull get me one of those v8 tb . ill give that a try it will have tps on it if not ill get one and let u know thanks

Old 07-13-2012, 11:34 AM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dana a
ok on the scaner at idle it shows 0% open and like .61 volts this truck doesnt do it all the time but it get old trying to keep it running at a stop . its a five speed. going to make a trip to our local pick and pull get me one of those v8 tb . ill give that a try it will have tps on it if not ill get one and let u know thanks

Make sure it's a '94 or '95 model or the wiring connector won't work. Your '95 has the round pins and the newer models have the flat pins. Better get the V8 throttle cable while you're at it because the V6 cable won't work either.

Quick Reply: 95 Dakota 3.9 stalling when coming to stop