Top Sellers of 2008, so far

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 08:12 PM
dodgebrothers
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also have to consider the VAST majority of car buyers just want basic transportation to get from point A to B. The Toyotas of the world will win the match. Notice no Pontiacs either, which of current production models I would place closest to the Dodge brand. It is performance and "driving" oriented, which means little to the majority I just mentioned.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:14 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Toyotas would win if all the world was freeway driving and paved roads. 20% of the population in the US still lives in rural areas, and use pu trucks heavily. In urban areas, many people buy trucks for commercial use and personal use. Also note that the Ford F-150 has been the best selling vehicle of ANY TYPE for many years and is still on the top 10 list even with gas prices being what they are.

Dusty

Old 08-31-2008, 06:22 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Some people buy trucks just too feel manly or because they are country and barely use their trucks. See it all the time. It's funny.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:25 PM
Exubus
Champion

Until the end of 2005, the Neon used to be in the top ten for price/volume/mpg... sniff-sniff

Old 08-31-2008, 07:09 PM
Exubus
Champion

Yeah, and the only improvement I can see is that it's more profitable to build than the Neon was... the car itself does nothing for me at all.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IowaNeon04
Yeah, and the only improvement I can see is that it's more profitable to build than the Neon was... the car itself does nothing for me at all.
Might be more profitable per car but it sells less so it's probably worse in that category too.

Dodgebrothers I know the majority just want transport but I have to think if they actually gave a car that drives well a chance they'd like it.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:59 AM
rfeiller

our chrysler 300C AWD averages over 20mpg on the highway doing at least 70mph. that is a car that is supposedly a high performance vehicle. it averages 17 in town with a 4million person traffic jamb. comfort, performance and practical can't beat that.

now the ram5500 is a different story, poor mileage, rough riding, but it does the job. will never be on a popularity list, unless you just want to work.

i wonder what percentage just buy off that list without really doing any research. it feeds on itself.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:54 PM
JaZod

you see they dont understand that true truck owners drive a Dodge

Old 09-03-2008, 07:30 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted by Midnight
Some people buy trucks just too feel manly or because they are country and barely use their trucks. See it all the time. It's funny.
I used to think it was funny too, until I bought mine (which I DO use for hauling) and realized (again) the great view of the road you get. That comes in very handy around here where all roads are two lanes and being able to see ahead before you pass someone is a life saver....

Dusty

Quick Reply: Top Sellers of 2008, so far