Toyota excessive rust

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 06:58 AM
Axe07
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmnnnnn.......lets recap. Out of Toyota and Dodge (Chrysler), one of these filed bankruptcy because theyve made crap vehicles for decades, including the recent Avenger, Sebring, Dakota and Nitro to name a few. And a decent looking car (one of the few, the Charger) that is only available with a transmisson made for housewives. And dont forget the "redesigned" full size truck that from the outside really doesnt look much different, and has a bed length specially-made for grocery bags. Which is it? You can bag on Toyota all you want, nobody thinks youre a winner cause you drive a Dodge product. Believe me.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:18 PM
RamSport97
Record Breaker
Old 05-30-2009, 08:50 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What the video clip didn't show is the Dodge Ram. Which still, even with it's "totally awesome" rear coil springs, didn't do as good as the F-150.
Oh, it didn't do as good BECAUSE OF the rear coil springs, actually. Not as bad the the Toyota Tundra, but still nothing to brag about.
http://www.fordvehicles.com/2009f150/

Old 05-31-2009, 11:39 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Or you could say that chrysler is going down because a select few of there vehicals needed to get fixed and unlike toyota that need repairs all the time so they were sent back to the dealer and they made more money.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:50 AM
elks
Rookie

Originally Posted by dodgeramguy85
Or you could say that chrysler is going down because a select few of there vehicals needed to get fixed and unlike toyota that need repairs all the time so they were sent back to the dealer and they made more money.

I would not say that. I am on my first dodge and like it, but my tundra had 200,000+ miles of mostly off road/deep sno/high RPM mileage. IN 200,000 miles I had a ball joint go out 1 time. Nothing else had to be repaired. Engine compression was still strong, interior looked good, rear springs were a little saggy, but nothing was ever wrong and it definitely was never anything the dealer had to handle. I can only hope my dodge does 3/4 as well.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:55 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by elks
I would not say that. I am on my first dodge and like it, but my tundra had 200,000+ miles of mostly off road/deep sno/high RPM mileage. IN 200,000 miles I had a ball joint go out 1 time. Nothing else had to be repaired. Engine compression was still strong, interior looked good, rear springs were a little saggy, but nothing was ever wrong and it definitely was never anything the dealer had to handle. I can only hope my dodge does 3/4 as well.

Our jeep grand cherokee saw 190,000miles before we sold it today its still running on orignal engine, powertrain with 208,000miles. It went up and down a mountian every day since new(bought it with 11 miles on it). Only thing we ever did to it was 1 alternator 2starters and 2 water pumps and 1 set of ball joints and of coarse brakes, tires and oil changes. Body was still in great condition and frame had very little rust on it thats pretty good when you live in PA.

Quick Reply: Toyota excessive rust