Other Vintage Dodges Discuss your J,F,M, anc C bodies here!

67 Dodge RT Coronet restoration

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 05:46 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

That's worth quite a few bucks just as it sits. I've seen fully restored ones go for almost $100,000 on eBay. Looks pretty clean to me. Wonder what happened to the original wheels.

Old 01-15-2015, 10:27 AM
Daves69
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You've got a keeper for sure! We look forward to you updates.

Another popular site I think you'll find of use ......................

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/forum.php

Old 01-15-2015, 01:11 PM
JimmyD45
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RT restoration

We have the original hubcaps. They were wrapped in newspaper and on the back floorboard. The paper was dated 1994. The original owners manual is still in the center console wrapped in plastic and in great condition. Also found in the center console were SHELL gas station "old school" credit card receipts from 1974. Eight gallons of gas for 3 bucks and some change.

Old 01-15-2015, 01:17 PM
JimmyD45
Default RT restoration

Btw, the hubcaps are in great condition as well. Although, we are not interested in selling, just out of curiosity, could you give me a ballpark figure on the price just judging from the pictures I've posted?

Old 01-19-2015, 08:11 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Originally Posted by JimmyD45
Btw, the hubcaps are in great condition as well. Although, we are not interested in selling, just out of curiosity, could you give me a ballpark figure on the price just judging from the pictures I've posted?
Thats kinda hard to say. I suggest looking up some classic car sites or even ebay. See what similar models in similar condition are going for. Is it all numbers matching? Have you got is started yet? How many miles are on it?

Last edited by jkeaton; 01-19-2015 at 08:14 AM.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:45 AM
JimmyD45

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Thats kinda hard to say. I suggest looking up some classic car sites or even ebay. See what similar models in similar condition are going for. Is it all numbers matching? Have you got is started yet? How many miles are on it?
Yes, the numbers do, in fact, match. I haven't gotten started on anything beyond trying to remove the small amount of mildew on the interior. Out of tremendous respect for the car and my late father-in-law I've been doing a lot of reading and asking questions before I even touch it with a wrench. I do know after decoding the vin number the car was special ordered. I was told by someone recently that the rear-end was longer than usual and the antenna being in the back attributed to the value as well. Can anyone validate that for me?

Old 01-20-2015, 09:51 AM
JimmyD45
Default RT restoration

How would I go about removing The small rust spots on some areas of the car without compromising the paint's authenticity? There a few rust spots on the body of the car that I need to remove. Can the original paint color be matched? If so, how do I go about it. Again, I really appreciate any feedback and advice received.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:18 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

If your doing this yourself, like mentioned before, start viewing videos on you tube. You can self educate. Removing rust requires sanding, possibly cutting out the rust, depending on how bad it is. If you don't remove it all, it will come back and continue to grow (like cancer). Repainting to original color requires the original paint code. On newer cars, this paint code is usually found on the sticker inside the drivers door. Then having a body shop or an online automotive paint place match the color.

You need to find and join a classic mopar forum like this:

http://www.dodgecoronet.com/forum/forum.php

Will have a lot more info specific to the vehicle.

Last edited by jkeaton; 01-20-2015 at 11:23 AM.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:37 PM
2015ram

that car is nice,alot of potential,just keep it original,run the fender tag an vin number

Old 02-04-2015, 09:33 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

I don't know how much you know about old mopars but you may want to find the build sheet. It is the list of parts that where put on the car when it was going down the assemble line. The most common place is behind the back seat(between the foam and springs). Under the carpet or on the back of the glove box. The fender tag will have the same #'s on it. The #'s will tell you everything that is on the car. It does have ac! Nice option. Can you post a pic of the fender tag or build sheet if you find it?
It should look like this...(this is from 1970 though)

Quick Reply: 67 Dodge RT Coronet restoration