PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

how do i test fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 09:15 PM
jsndsky
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i test fuel pump

which wires on the fuel pump harness do I test to see if fuel pump is recieving power?

Old 08-28-2007, 03:55 PM
JTW
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: how do i test fuel pump

J. What I've been told is that the fuel pumps run all the time.(my book also says it)When you turn your key on you should hear the pump run until the pressure is bulit up. I have a 98 4x4 Ram Quad cab long box. my problem is that I go about 8 miles and it quits it turns over but doesn't start . Let it sit an half hour and it takes right off and goes another 7 or 8 miles. Thank goodness I live 6 miles from work !!!! I think this weekend I'm gonna replace the fuel pump by taking off the box by 8 bolts and unhooking the light harness and 1 ground wire. One of my buddies said that the coil seperates and looses power to fireit I replaced that didn't make difference, replaced the fuel pump relay not that in the power panel... Jim
Hey if you figure yours out why don't you post it.When I figure mine out I'll post it also... JTW

Quick Reply: how do i test fuel pump