PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

2008 Ram MDS Info....

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 08:03 AM
Hankw
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Ram MDS Info....

After scouring the net have found this site for fellow Dodge owners. I may have missed it in the archives, but, anyone out there have info for the MDS solenoid wiring to the PCM so as to implement the infamous " MDS ON Light"?? Older (05" info) told of the MDS Solenoid #4 to be wired to the top (C1) connector, pin 28. After checking with my Fluke, this pin is apparantly a ground and not the proper tie in point. Any help and info will be most appreciated.

Thanks
Hank

Old 03-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Hankw
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2008 Ram MDS Info....

Update - 2008 Ram 5.7 MDS Info....

Further information received from my dealer supplied the connections for other MDS solenoids to tap into. While the Top Connector C-1 pin 28 measures <.5 ohms, ground, the three other known MDS solenoids are as follows.Check the connection you may want to use by verifying the pin reading to ground as this should be close to the observed measurements.

Second Connector - Orange face -C-2 pin 16 Sol #6 Measures 12.5 ohms (good reading)
Third Connector - White face - C-3 pin 5 Sol # 7 Measures 12.5 ohms (good reading)
Third Connector - White face - C-3 pin 6 Sol # 1 Measures 12.5 ohms (good reading)

After hookup with an LEDthru a 470 ohm current limit resistor to the LED positiveterminal and a back-emf diode (1N4004) with the diode band to the ground connection of the vehicle, the truck was tested. After a short warm up, the MDS system works very well. With a steady speed (cruise) st ot 70, the system is LED indicated active about 40-50 % of the tiime. At a speed of still 65, the system is active for more than 80-90 % of the time. At 60 the system was active for the entire length of this short test of about 10 miles. Sooooooo, if I can be aware of the speeds that the system is most beneficial with only a ~ 5 mph drop in driving speed, (65 or so),well, it is a no-brainer at which speed I'll be driving. Any questions will be welcome - hankw@cfl.rr.com

Hank

Quick Reply: 2008 Ram MDS Info....