PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

superchip questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 02:46 AM
trainwreck6857
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default superchip questions

A few questions about superchips as i am looking at getting one. 1) With intake and a true dual exhaust am i looking at some pretty decent power? 2) I want to use the "performance" mode most of the time which i understand requires premium gas. Does it give any increase in fuel economy to maybe help ofset the price difference and if it is costly to stand most of the time couldnt i just flip it to 89 octane mode and run 89 untill i decide i have to go fast again? 3) it does come with the programmer so i can change when i want to right? I dont know if it makes any difference but i live at sea level.

Old 04-06-2005, 12:36 PM
12voltkid
Default RE: superchip questions

I just bought one for a 4.7L I also have intake and exhaust. I did quite a bit of research. Most people are saying slightly better on 87 octane and awesome on 91up. The nice thing about this and your right you can change when ever you want as often as you want. If you go from 87 to 91 make sure the 87 is all the way through your lines though and filled with 91 or I have heard it can cause some pinging. as far as feul eco. goes. they say it gets better but think about how much more your foot will be on the gas. Remember when you put your ex. on BAH ABh ABAH. Guzzle guzzle. Anyway I'll let you know how mine works It should be here this weak. And if you do buy one check it out on ebay first. I got mine brand new shipped for $329US In Canada it is $649CDN taxes in. This is the guy I bought mine from SWEETOREDOG type it in Ebay see what you find.

Old 04-07-2005, 01:33 AM
jayskynr
Veteran

actually u get the most out of the towing/performance setting . i love mine and noticed every bit more power after gettin my truck programmed. IMO , best way to get power for the money. went from 19 mpg to 24 mpg highway driving, and yes if you dont us 91 on the 2 performance settings it will ping BAD. it also has a stock setting so if u need to take it to the dealership for anything u can put it back to stock b4 they work on it.

Old 04-07-2005, 01:48 AM
trainwreck6857

Thanks guys that is helpful. JAy i see you have the fast man TB which i am not also putting alot of thought into. I am not so lead foot as i used to be but i am still mod crazy. I certainly am not trying to make a drag truck but i do have a large boat to tow. Not to mention here in Jville there are alot of stupid kids that think an intake and exhaust makes there honda civics fast and these children must be humbled for their own good. Anybody who truly is fast does not try to race trucks, as a rule. I will check out Ebay for sure but i know a guy that gets superchips wholesale and i can definatly trust him so we'll see what happens. the programmable chip does come with the programmer right? I had a pretty dam cool idea today. I might build a floor center console and put a vid screen, cd changer and the programmer in it, along with whatever other nonsense i can fit.

Old 04-07-2005, 02:37 AM
jayskynr
Veteran

what do you mean by programmable chip ??? sorry its been a long day.

Old 04-07-2005, 02:38 AM
jayskynr
Veteran

everything will come with the programmer to make it work as soon as you plug it into your port. all u gotta have is time to get everything done right the 1st time so it will be as easy as 1 2 3 whenever you mess with it again.

Old 03-24-2006, 07:19 PM
cantdodgeagasstation

I just purchased a SC for my 05 Reg Cab SWB 1500...I'll repost after programming and give my .02 cents on the deal...........

Quick Reply: superchip questions