PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Superchips - Flashpaq

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 10:07 PM
wildneg
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips - Flashpaq

What are the average costs for this? Anyone has used it? Site shows the cost @ $550, but I thought I heard people say they bought em for 250-400$?

It would be for a Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab 5.7L Hemi. No mods. Wondering if I would see a gas milage increase with the 91 / Performance tune? Do the 3 tunes they discuss come pre canned on the programmer? 87 Eco, 91 Perfor, 91 Tow? Are they easy to switch around? And then if I get additional mods, can users here suggest setting changes and I can easily make the changes and save it as a new program? And all the while keeping my old settings stored safely to switch back if needed?

Does this programmer take out the throttle torque control? Eg, if I floor it, it wont squeal cause of the electronic throttle control? I was told when you floor it, it hits WOT for a very tiny fraction of a second, then jumps back to 1/2 throttle then slowly increases to WOT. Need to get rid of that, someone said MSD was coming with a chip upgrade to get rid of that, wondering if this gets rid of it? Thanks!

-- EYE

Quick Reply: Superchips - Flashpaq