PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Electrical problem, Clicking relays,Wont start!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 02:35 PM
dirtrider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical problem, Clicking relays,Wont start!!!

04 Dodge Dakota quadcab. When I try to start in the morning it will not even try to start at first. If I leave the key in the start position I hear the relays in the relay box under the hood clicking like crazy. I can switch them out beetween each other and it still happens. almost all of them click but some more than others. If I leave the key on I can hear them click less and less until they stop, then I know I can start the truck. Its almost like something needs to charge up for a while before it will start. The battery is good, ive moved all the relays around and they still act the same. It only does this in the morning or the first time I try to start the truck in the day. It is fine the rest of the day until I let it set overnight. It seems to be worse on cold mornings. As it is doing this clicking the instrument lamps act strange like they are going on and off and sometimes the digital odometer says "NO BUS". I can open the relay box under the hood and listen to the relays clicking and can even feel them clicking on and off if I touch them, I can also hear a buzz or something as this is going on if I put my ear close to the relay block. Does anybody have any suggestions? Could this be a bad pcm? Are there any more relays somewhere else that could be causing this?
Thanks for any help

Quick Reply: Electrical problem, Clicking relays,Wont start!!!