PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Authorized mod. sticker on new 2007 radiator

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 11:34 PM
beewize
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Authorized mod. sticker on new 2007 radiator

Hand written on the "offical" sticker is "reprogram pmc. In a small area on sticker is printed Change Authority, and is written 06-053. In the date area is also hand written 12/15. Was this done because the dealer sold the truck with upgraded 35*12.5 tires on 20 inch rims. And if so or not what exaclly occured? Thanks

Old 01-23-2007, 07:51 PM
triton
Record Breaker
Default RE: Authorized mod. sticker on new 2007 radiator

it may have been because of the bigger tires. They would have thrown the speedo off so, maybe they reprogrammed the computer to adjust for tire size and it was noted to let others know it was done officially and not by a aftermarket product.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:20 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star

What kind of truck do you have?? Sounds like the dreaded death flash dealers do. Because of the common spark knock that comes along with some dodge engines because of a bad plenum gasket. the dealer does a flash that retards timing, and some other things. reducing the chance of pinging. By doing that your truck loses a lot of power. It sucks!! That's why I never have engine work done at the dealer, if I did they would automatically do the flash.

Old 02-04-2007, 02:26 AM
mr340
Muscle Car Moderator

Definately the dreaded "Flash", I have the same sticker attached to the rad support on my '99 Neon R/T. My PCM was reprogrammed due to constant false "multiple cylinder misfire" signals.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:08 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star

I hate when dealers take an easy way out instead of just fixing the real problem. Well... I guess it bowls down to Dodge themselves not fixing a problems that havebeen around forever. Oh well.

Your best bet now is find out what was happening before they did the flash... If anything. Fix that problem or upgrade (if it's the plenum gasket get an aftermarket intake) And then send the PCM off to get reflashed, or get a programmer to get back some of that timing and pull some fuel.

Quick Reply: Authorized mod. sticker on new 2007 radiator