PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Gremlin in my 96 Stratus

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 02:08 PM
The Trippester
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gremlin in my 96 Stratus

Ok Guys Here is my problem,

96 Stratus Es V6 started like it was missing a year a go. Slowly it got wores and turned into cutting off wile driving: At idle
when pressing gas
when letting off gas
not all the time, just when it feels like it.

For the longest time it did not through a code so the dealer said there was nothing wrong so I left it with a
local shop for a month. It seemed like you would have to drive it one or two hundred miles before it would start missing and cutting off back then so he found nothing wrong.

A few monthws go by and I live with the problem but it gets worse. I pick another local shop and I told them to use it as there shop car to make delivers and parts pick up car (I would fill the car up with gass every week for them). I did this for FOUR MONTHS!

During that four months the had it it would mess up but no code.........So here we go!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent a small fortune replacing EVERY senser on the car. Replaced the fule filter, Fule Pump, Evan the guage cluster (RPM gauge was not working). He said thats all he could do.

So..... I moved from LA. to MS and the saga continues....... The car finly througs a code and my new shop guy in MS says my MAP senser is loseing power to it and the only thing he can do is replace the PCM but can not garanty me that will fix the problem. I have been looking on the web and have found that a LOT of people are having the same problems as me on 1990s Chryslers!

CAN SOME ONE HELP ME?

Tripp

Quick Reply: Gremlin in my 96 Stratus