Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Any NASCAR Fans Out There?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 10:30 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnight SRT
I get tired of the dumb rules and obviously cautions for star drivers... the horrible playoff format that has given Johnson 3 or 4 more titles that he deserved. (He wouldn't have half if it was the old format)... tired of cautions for plastic.... bleh

Used to be a big Ryan Newman fan... Dodge being out doesn't help.
Two thumbs up!

Old 07-28-2014, 05:41 PM
shadow93
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnight SRT
I get tired of the dumb rules and obviously cautions for star drivers... the horrible playoff format that has given Johnson 3 or 4 more titles that he deserved. (He wouldn't have half if it was the old format)... tired of cautions for plastic.... bleh

Used to be a big Ryan Newman fan... Dodge being out doesn't help.
I personally am fine with the format. I like the Chase and the structure for the most part. They have to call cautions for debris on the track though. Even seemingly-minuscule pieces of debris can cause wrecks. It's a bit frustrating sometimes, but I still love it. Honestly, I feel like the old format needed to be edited and changed, but NASCAR is still NASCAR and racing is still racing. It's always exciting.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:39 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They'll throw a caution out if a guy gets turned... even if he gets off the track pretty fast... GRC, F1, GT... you won't see cautions for 1 or even two cars that get turned. That's tough **** for them!

Old 06-22-2015, 09:22 AM
The War Wagon
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Used to be back in the 80's and 90's. Lost interest after Sr. died.
Lost interest after Bill Elliott stopped driving for Evernham, and Jarrett retired.

STARTED watching races - AT the track - when Petty was still winning championships. Plural.

Old 06-27-2015, 04:25 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

Don't watch it at all! Nascar died in the early 70's when they limited engine displacement, Spoilers/wings (daytona-superbird) And everything else you can think of. What kind of race is that? It should be like NHRA, Who ever gets to the end first wins! I like to to see the old footage of the late 60's early 70's back when it used to be a race.

Quick Reply: Any NASCAR Fans Out There?