Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

distributor problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 09:44 PM
The_Mechanix
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default distributor problems

i have a 86 dodge ramcharger, 2wd, automatic, 360 carburated engine. i rebuilt the carb, put a new coil, new distributor, new cap, and took off the ac compressor and collector(like a rad but the ac freon runs through it). my dipstick used to pop out sending oil all over the engine and into the distributor causing it to skip and misfire making the exhaust POP and engine jump and flutter. i fixed that problem and put in the new distribtor and cap, as well as replaced all wires. its winter time here and the ice melted off my hood and turned to water(of course DUH) and went all over the distributor through the space between my hood and the body making it jump and skip and pop again. i was wondering what was the best and easiest way to stop this from happening again and if an after market distributor set(the entire thing that attaches to the cam and all) or something of the likes might prevent this from happening, cause as it stands at the moment my truck is not drivable, and i really like to drive it.

thank you for your help in advanced.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:16 PM
rtaylor
Professional

Try spraying your dist. with WD 40 real good.......

Old 02-04-2009, 10:36 AM
THE BEAST 79

i had the same prob!pull it out-thro-it out! 300.00 dollars later an help from accel you have the fix. i run the mud an you get it everywere i put clear plastic down from firewall down to trans w/ slits on both sides for the wires works well THE BEAST

Old 02-19-2009, 11:14 PM
lugnuts
All Star

I bent up a U shaped peice of sheet metal about 4" wide x 14" long and screwed it to the firewall above the dist. Has a slight crown in the middle. Took some stainless tubing and flattened the ends, ground a nice radiused end, drilled holes to make braces for it. Had to put the rubber splash sheilds on between the frame/inner fender to help keep the plugs dry. Works.

Quick Reply: distributor problems