Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

Turn Signals, Hazards, Brake Lights not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 08:37 AM
Mastodon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WD40 Fix

After reading a ton of posts, I stumbled across a thread that showed the hazards switch can get stuck and cause all of the above issue. In the thread they recommended spraying the hazard switch with WD40 to make sure it wasn't stuck. Worked like a charm, I now have signals brake lights and reverse.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Purple97Ram

Ok, I feel silly now. Only the rear flasher/turn signals, and brake lights did not work. I had only checked the right taillight which looked fine so I thought the problem was not the bulbs. I had checked fuses, wires to the rear, replace multifunction switch with a used one and finally after HeyYou's post in this thread did I go back and check the left bulb. It was blown, and the right bulb started working after I moved it around some. I also removed the trailer harness, cleaned, and replaced it. so now they work and a big thanks goes to all you who posted.

Old 05-24-2014, 03:01 PM
furry_walls

ok, I am having issues with my hazards, all turn signals work fine, but when i turn on the hazards only the right side works, originally the right side blinked at normal pace but the noise from the flasher relay was way louder, so i replaced the flasher relay. I now have a similar issue all the turn signals still work, but the right side hazards only work but now they blink rapidly

Old 05-24-2014, 03:10 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,174 Likes on 2,927 Posts

What year is your truck?

Old 05-27-2014, 10:29 PM
runsamuk
Default Turn Signal/Break/hazard don't work

okay.. I've read all of the posts about electrical problems.. but I didn't see mine..I have 1999 ram 2500...passenger side lights/brake lights and flashers don't work...(the actual lights on exterior) on the console ((interior )shows that i've turned the lever and works fine for drivers side but flashes quickly and rapidly (like if bulb is out) ) . I do not have brakes, hazards or turn signals on the passenger side only. Everything works fine on drivers side... front turn signal on passenger side flashes quickly (like bulb is out).but it does light up... I've checked, rechecked then checked again the bulbs and fuses.. I don't see anything out...
the fuse for my tow lights (fuse box under hood) was out and I replaced it.. but this problem just started when when hooked up to our trailer and the wiring on it was shot. could this be the multi-function switch located on the panel?..

Both sides will light up when I turn on the headlights..still no brake lights, flashers or blinkers on pass side.. and the reverse lights do work.on both sides..(I've switched the bulbs so I'm sure it's not a bulb thing)

Old 05-28-2014, 10:27 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Check the wiring harness where the trailer harness hits it. Those have been notorious for failing.

Welcome to DF!

Old 05-28-2014, 10:33 AM
runsamuk

TY!... I'll try that tonight..

Old 09-26-2014, 03:42 PM
kikoflores
Default Need HELP

I have a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500, The problem I have is a electrical problem, All my lights turn on exempt the left rear brake in signal. I change the light bulbs, change the left rear light harness, checked for ground, checked the trailer harness. Got power from the trailer harness. The only thing is that the brakes and signal light does not turn on but the running light do. Left side.. But I do get front left side turn signal, but no rear. Dont want to buy a manuel just to see where the ground goes or have a electrical box some where in the rear. Just need a simple diagram of the rear..

Old 09-26-2014, 04:03 PM
kikoflores
Default Need help

[QUOTE=kikoflores;3198115]I have a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500, The problem I have is a electrical problem, All my lights turn on exempt the left rear brake in signal. I change the light bulbs, change the left rear light harness, checked for ground, checked the trailer harness. Got power from the trailer harness. The only thing is that the brakes and signal light does not turn on but the running light do. Left side.. But I do get front left side turn signal, but no rear.

Old 09-26-2014, 04:12 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Download the 96 manual from this thread. Wiring diagrams in there.

Brake and turn signal are on same filament in the bulb. They also both go thru the turn signal switch.... are you getting power at the bulb??

Quick Reply: Turn Signals, Hazards, Brake Lights not working