Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

Turn Signals, Hazards, Brake Lights not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 10:03 AM
fra
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same problem

My 98 hazards, turn signals and brake lights suddenly stopped working. I read solutions, and tried the WD 40 on the hazard button, Nothing. Whackamoled the button and as long as hazards are turned on, have turn signals and brake lights. But hazards no longer flash. Checked fuse under hood and it is good.
Any other suggestions?

Old 11-01-2018, 10:21 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,174 Likes on 2,927 Posts

Originally Posted by fra
My 98 hazards, turn signals and brake lights suddenly stopped working. I read solutions, and tried the WD 40 on the hazard button, Nothing. Whackamoled the button and as long as hazards are turned on, have turn signals and brake lights. But hazards no longer flash. Checked fuse under hood and it is good.
Any other suggestions?
98 What?

Old 11-01-2018, 10:26 AM
fra

OOPs, Dakota. But I just went back out, pulled the cover on the driver's side fuse panel, pulled out the big green square relay, replaced it firmly and now everything is working perfectly. I was sure pushing the hazard button down turned on the flashers, but now it seems to be the opposite - when the button is UP, the flashers work, when down, they are off. But anyway after being told it was a dead short in the dash and would take hours to diagnose, I am glad I came to this thread and started troubleshooting myself. (I had noticed an occasional click from that area while driving and while things weren't working and her it was loose and intermittently making contact)

Old 12-01-2019, 03:08 AM
RunRoyRun

Originally Posted by tigerhornet
My headlights work fine, but the turn signals, hazard lights, and brake lights don't work. when i hit either the hazard light switch or the turn signal switch, absolutely nothing happens, no click, no indicator lights.
here is my brief video showing where the Turn Signal Relay is located.

Quick Reply: Turn Signals, Hazards, Brake Lights not working