Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

Is it possible?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 05:51 AM
Ramcharger1987
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it possible?

Is it possible to buy a current Mexican Ramcharger and preform the nessicary work to make it legal for the USA? I read emissions is why they arnt sold in the US, but frankly, I want one. Couldnt the engine, and exaust, and other necessities be taken out of a junk Ram and replaced into the Ramcharger? Ive seen these on Auto Trader, they are licenced and registered in Mexico, but driven by people in California to get around the laws. Itd be really odd for a vehicle to have Mexican plates and be driven in Michigan. I found this image and cant remember where, but I dream of this with big mudder tires and a nice suspension. The heck with the lowrider crap

[IMG]local://upfiles/39763/6054FABE1D8143F5874916A2FDCB6A9E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-16-2006, 06:07 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Default RE: Is it possible?

That image is of a FAKE truck. It's a 3rd Gen SRT-10 that's been photoshopped to look like an SUV They never made a 3rd generation Ramcharger. And the 2nd generation one was longer than that. I have an actual picture of one that I attached below.

As far as bringing in the Ramchargers, no...you can't do it in part because of the emissions. If I remember right, the other part of it is that they don't meet collision standards. This is a topic that's been talked about quite a bit over at Ramchargercentral.

I wish you could bring them in too. I almost bought one in Vegas once. I'd rather have a 70's model though. Fulltime 4wd and a removable top

[IMG]local://upfiles/16690/22DD98EB0F124F03B51141768A01200D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-18-2006, 05:30 AM
Ramcharger1987
Amateur

As far as bringing in the Ramchargers, no...you can't do it in part because of the emissions. If I remember right, the other part of it is that they don't meet collision standards. This is a topic that's been talked about quite a bit over at Ramchargercentral.
To me, they look like they got the collision standards of a Durango. But anyway, quite a few people around me own vehicles that do not meet emission standards. Those vehciles become owner's property vehicles, where theyre only usable on their own property. If you bought a 2000 Ramcharger lets say, would it be legal to keep on your property and use privately? If you didnt register it or insure it or put plates on it, could you have it? Or is it something that is illegal to posess once so ever?

Old 07-26-2006, 12:46 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

Not the collision standards of a Durango. The Ramcharger was a fullsize SUV A lot heavier than the Durango.

It probably wouldn't be illegal to do that, but it would never be able to leave your property.

The problem is getting it across the border in the first place

Old 08-26-2006, 11:17 PM
jamie
Professional

I know that you can have it In your possesion no matter what. However, getting an emission and safety test done could be another thing. If it doesnt pass those, you will never get it on the road. They do look nice though. Gen 1 and 2. Id drive one. Canyonaro. hehe

Old 11-15-2011, 03:03 AM
pychokenny

redo the ramcharger with the quad cab doors off the 98-01 i take it of course i take it as is i saw a 97 at a best buy n memphis, tn with tn tags