Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

Won't start

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 08:35 PM
West71
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Won't start

Engine turns but engine won't fire up I just replaced fuel filter and water pump and even tried some gas in carb but nothing also it hasn't been starting fine every time until after water pump and fuel filter install

Old 03-23-2014, 04:25 PM
Daves69
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Consistent spark out of coil?
Plugs all fouled?

Old 03-23-2014, 11:15 PM
chopper240
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will not start

west71, my 92 dakota v8 will not start either. Here is something very odd I noticed about my truck. If you turn the key to run and the check engine light does not come it will not start. If you turn key on and off a couple of times it starts right up and runs great. I changed coil due to a fishy looking crack. no start. changed cam sensor due to caked mud and crud. no start. I looked at crank sensor, wiggled wires, no start. swapped fuel pump and ASD relay with some spares, no start. checked voltages into and out of ignition switch with test light, all seemed fine. Tore apart wire loom from PDC to computer...all the famous splices looked very good. OHMed wires from PDC to computer and to ignition switch. all checked good. WTF. used digital meter to OHM ignition switch a 2nd time and found if I OHM from red wire, which comes from ignition fuse in PDC, to thick blue wire, I get a reading from 1.5 to 1.9 ohms and jumps around as you wiggle the key. ALSO the "book" that everyone puts their hopes and dreams on, doesnt tell you that this red wire goes to ign. fuse. Also when you ohm from red wire to GY/BK wire the ohm reading jumps all over as you wiggle key. When you ohm from red wire to BLK/pink the reading jumps from 20-130 ohms. SO I would say my ign. switch is intermittent. I will get new one soon.

Quick Reply: Won't start