Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

carbutator

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 08:55 PM
dodgemiller88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carbutator

Ok so I have an 88 ramcharger with the v8 318 and a rochester quadrojet carb. Half my vacuum lines are gone. Its runs really bad. Basicly I want it to get back to running good. Does anyone know where I can find a good vacuum diagram? I have the haynes repair manual but its not a very good visual aid in helping me figure this out. And also there are parts missing off the carb like the front vac brake assembly. Is that something I need?

Old 04-24-2014, 07:44 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

about the carb. i like carter carbs. you might be able to refit a a carter thermoqad. to go to an AFB would need to change the intake. what you really need is a chrysler FACTORY service manual. there is NO better manual. some times one of two years diiff can still do good.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:05 AM
dodgemiller88
Default thanks

Thanks for the help. Yeah I guess my model came factory with tue throttle body and someone at some point switch over to the rochester quadrajet carb. So im thinking I might be able to go back to a throttle body? This rig is going to be a mudding truck like no other, and I have been hearing that I need a throttle body so it wont cut out from inclines and bouncing around.

Quick Reply: carbutator