Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

'93 ramcharger newbie questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 06:56 PM
Konrad12
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '93 ramcharger newbie questions

An elderly friend of the family has a '93 ramcharger. I'm trying to decide if I dig into fixing it myself or just sell it for him. One owner, factory ordered, 5.9L V8, 2 wheel drive, towing package, dark blue/sand, never driven hard, no clue what the miles are. It has sat in a garage for about 8 years. Was driving, but not well, when it was parked. He didn't really know what was wrong with it.

I know it's a REALLY broad question, but what common problems should I look for first? Just some things to try to get it to turn over. If I end up just selling it what is a fair price? Obviously if I do decide to sell it I will post in the appropriate forum.

Thanks for your help.

Old 05-20-2016, 10:39 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

2wd drops the price real quick. Most looking for one of those wants to make it a trail rig. (4x4). You might find someone interested in making it a low rider. Those engines are stout if the plenum is fixed. Common problems on any 26 year old truck that has sat for 8 years are the same for any vehicle parked that long. Brakes, fuel system, suspension, fluids, electrical, ignition components, tires, seals, rat/mice infestation. Pretty much everything will have to be looked at/repaired/replaced.

Old 05-24-2016, 01:44 PM
The War Wagon
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

What he said.

Find my build thread in here somewhere. Have about $5k saved up to do it all, but have another $5k in reserve.

Quick Reply: '93 ramcharger newbie questions