2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

97 2500 part interchange question

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 11:09 PM
jmerrill
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 2500 part interchange question

Hello all!

I have read through many topics looking for some specifics on interchanging parts for my 97 2500 but have been unable to really find specifics on what I am looking for so I hope to get some answers here before saturday.

I have found a 94 2500 locally that is being parted out and I am curious if the parts of this 94 that I have listed below will work in my 97.

interior A and B pannels and clips

seat (I believe this 94 has the 40/20/40, mine has the solid bench)

headliner (his has the over head console) mine does not

front grill

tailgate hardware (lever, latches etc)

glovebox

steering wheel (not sure if his has the electronics on the wheel, mine does not)

or if anyone has experience or items that they know will fit, I would love to hear about it. Also, if anyone has some good links to some reads or listings that give interchangable parts and years, that would be excellent also.

Thank you all in advance for your time and input.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:11 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It outta all work properly. The only things you'll have to worry about are electronics (the steering wheel), but that's because you don't have those systems in your truck.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:18 PM
jmerrill
Amateur

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
It outta all work properly. The only things you'll have to worry about are electronics (the steering wheel), but that's because you don't have those systems in your truck.
Even if I do not have those systems in my truck, would using the steering wheel without connecting anything work out? maybe tuck the wires in the collumn?

Old 07-02-2013, 11:19 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmerrill
Even if I do not have those systems in my truck, would using the steering wheel without connecting anything work out? maybe tuck the wires in the collumn?
Ought to. I don't see why it wouldn't. As long as you don't trash your stuff, you should be fine.

Old 03-29-2017, 09:43 PM
A Sadler

Originally Posted by jmerrill
Hello all!

I have read through many topics looking for some specifics on interchanging parts for my 97 2500 but have been unable to really find specifics on what I am looking for so I hope to get some answers here before saturday.

I have found a 94 2500 locally that is being parted out and I am curious if the parts of this 94 that I have listed below will work in my 97.

interior A and B pannels and clips

seat (I believe this 94 has the 40/20/40, mine has the solid bench)

headliner (his has the over head console) mine does not

front grill

tailgate hardware (lever, latches etc)

glovebox

steering wheel (not sure if his has the electronics on the wheel, mine does not)

or if anyone has experience or items that they know will fit, I would love to hear about it. Also, if anyone has some good links to some reads or listings that give interchangable parts and years, that would be excellent also.

Thank you all in advance for your time and input.
well I'm currently using a 99 extended cab two wheel drive 5.2 as a donor for my 96 single cab 4x4 5.9..... basically you have to just switch the whole dash out I don't remember what year yours is but if it is a different style it will still bolt into your cab the difference is the gauge cluster is it analog or digital because there's no crossing the two... the front seats will fit the steering column is the same if yours doesn't have Electronics then just don't plug-in that pigtail.... you're not going to get a check engine light for the cruise control button not being connected if you do pulled the fuse I suppose I haven't gone that direction yet.... only difference between the 5.9 and the 5.2 is the bore and stroke obviously 5.9 has a shorter stroke but all the outers are interchangeable... door panels again yes they will fit but they have to line up with the corresponding dashboard.... overhead storage yes visors yes headliner no unless it's the same cab I will tell you the newer years started using different connections for example the starter is not an eyelet on a stud anymore it's a pigtail you get what I'm saying you kind of got to feel your way through it but take a good look its more common sense and patience than anything else and if you put power seats where there were none of course you're going to have to run an extra relay things like that I hope that answered your question sorry it was so many words

Old 03-29-2017, 11:42 PM
dbbd1
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

3+ years later, I hope its already done...

Quick Reply: 97 2500 part interchange question