4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

how to convert quad to dual headlights?

Old 07-05-2015, 04:18 PM
whiteknight312
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to convert quad to dual headlights?

guys. I got a 2012. has quad headlights. got aftermarket regular tinted headlights spyder. black ones. now. I need a harness I would guess to go to a regular high/low beam single headlight. anybdy do this and whats a good wholesale place to buy the dodge headlight harness with the plugs that fit into the back of the headlight?

Thanks
Chris

Old 07-06-2015, 08:21 PM
dwaldmann
Professional

Wholesale? Are you planning on doing this as a business?

If it's your personal vehicle I would just go to Ram and figure out what you need based on a stock dual headlight model.

If you really want a wholesale relationship, you should also be in a position to figure out what you need, and spec it to a wiring harness provider and they will make it just the way you want it.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:22 PM
whiteknight312

for my truck. I bought headlights that use a single bulb. I have the low beam bulb and high beam bulb. these have sub-harnesses to the main. so I just wanted to ask if anybody has the part number for the single bulb harness and socket.

I am heading to the dealer today to see if I can get 2 harnesses

Old 07-15-2015, 10:12 AM
whiteknight312

well, I converted the quad to the single bulbs with ease! its so simple. unplug the quad light harness from the green plug, then push the green plug end into the back of the headlight bulb. the headlight bulb has the plug end built into it. so you lock in the bulb on housing and push the green plug on and it all works. so nothing is needed, no harnesses, no cutting of wires. just plug and play. WOW! I was so happy because now I can return the stuff to dodge that I bought. I thought I would need pigtails and all sorts of harnesses. those cost me 90 bucks a side (if I needed them)! Now I get my money back. only thing that set me back were the bulbs.

Chris

Old 07-24-2015, 10:16 AM
Whiteout08
Professional

How is the fit/finish and quality of those Spyder headlights? Got any pictures of them installed?

Old 07-27-2015, 10:32 AM
whiteknight312

Originally Posted by Whiteout08
How is the fit/finish and quality of those Spyder headlights? Got any pictures of them installed?

quality is top. housing is sealed, but I still silicone the outer edge. just in case. turn signal bulb popped in and headlight bulb turned in fine. bolts lined up. plastic was strong. the tabs are all there to snap in place. metal ball type just like factory. love them. got them on Ebay with LED tails package.

Chris

Old 07-27-2015, 10:33 AM
whiteknight312
Old 07-27-2015, 08:21 PM
dwaldmann
Professional

Chrome and white goes good together!

Old 12-02-2015, 04:04 PM
LMADurango13
Amateur
Default were you able to change

Hi

i was thinking to do the same so has any one confirm that headlamp can be changed from 2011-2013 to 2014+ ??
do they need any change or modification or just normal replace??
also, do i have to change the whole front end including grill and bumper or just headlamps?

thanks guys

Old 04-30-2016, 09:41 PM
Wfreema1

Originally Posted by whiteknight312
well, I converted the quad to the single bulbs with ease! its so simple. unplug the quad light harness from the green plug, then push the green plug end into the back of the headlight bulb. the headlight bulb has the plug end built into it. so you lock in the bulb on housing and push the green plug on and it all works. so nothing is needed, no harnesses, no cutting of wires. just plug and play. WOW! I was so happy because now I can return the stuff to dodge that I bought. I thought I would need pigtails and all sorts of harnesses. those cost me 90 bucks a side (if I needed them)! Now I get my money back. only thing that set me back were the bulbs.

Chris
Can you tell me what bulb you bought for this?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how to convert quad to dual headlights?