4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Weird lighing issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 05:45 PM
mdipiro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird lighing issue

I have a 2010 ram 1500 quad cab that is having a odd wiring issue. When i lock or unlock the truck the driver side rear license plate light flashes and the driverside driectional light comes on. It also happens when I hit the break. I plugged in a friends trailer a couple days ago and it started screwing with my reverse lights. could there be a bad ground or a wiring issue in the 7-pin harness? Any help would be apprecatied.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:09 AM
P.Smithy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could easily be a wiring issue. Try replacing the 7-pin since its cheap to do and doesn't take too much time. You can problem solve from there. You can pick one up at autozone, and even get as discount from this site, definitely a good place to start.

Last edited by P.Smithy; 12-21-2016 at 09:43 AM.
Old 12-22-2016, 01:49 PM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

get to all the bulbs and sockets in the outside tail lights and front lights... make sure that the sockets and bulbs are not corroded and that the bulbs have good contacts in the sockets and work... once you get the truck working correctly then worry about hooking up the trailer and see how that does