1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Body lift issues?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 10:49 PM
speeddemon289
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body lift issues?

Hey everyone!! I have a 93 d150 2wd 318. I wanted to put a 3 inch body lift on it, to fit some 33x12.5/15s. Or 35s if possible. I know the fan shroud will have to be modified, brake lines streched a bit from the coils under the master cylinder, i checked electrical, good there, all other items checed and ok, the question i have is, will i have to extend/modify the steering shaft at all, if so any suggestions, hopefully someone else has successfully completed this job and can help me out. Im intending on using a 3 inch body lift kit. Polyurathane i belive is the puc material. Its a full kit designed for d150, d250, d350, w series as well. Any help is greatly appreciated

Old 01-12-2017, 01:47 PM
Noelie84
Rookie

It's difficult to say until you've actually got the lift in place. Some trucks have enough play in the shaft that you can get away with not using an extension. I've never done a body lift on a Ram so I can't offer any personal experience on whether the shaft will be able to extend far enough.

For a 3" lift, though, it's probably a safe bet that you'll have to extend the shaft. I know that some vehicles have bolt-on extensions available for them but I'm not sure about the Dodge pickups.

Old 01-14-2017, 10:20 AM
speeddemon289

Ok thank you, i figured i may have to extend it a bit...ive been shopping for extention pucks but-as with suspention liftsfor a 2wd-nobody seems to make them.... so i may have to do some fabrication.

Old 01-16-2017, 11:43 AM
Noelie84
Rookie

Hence why you're stuck doing a body lift, lol.

Make friendly with a local machinist; he can probably make you a custom puck pretty easily since most of them are just a block of steel with female splines milled into one end, male splines on the other, and a retaining bolt.