3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

adding an oil pressure gauge

Old 01-17-2017, 08:51 AM
aerostern
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adding an oil pressure gauge

have a 2015 RT, has anyone added an oil pressure gauge? any info would be much appreciated!

Old 01-18-2017, 07:22 AM
coldsteel
Captain

There is a digital gauge available in the EVIC under Vehicle Info - you can get oil temp, oil pressure, coolant temp, engine hours. Take a look.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:11 PM
roogie
Rookie

Wish there was an ammeter or voltmeter in EVIC, unless I'm missing something.

roog

Old 01-19-2017, 07:31 AM
coldsteel
Captain

Somewhere along the lines, a bean counter decided that since batteries are stronger and alternators are reliable so they didn't need to spend money to have a sensor to monitor the electrical system even though the entire vehicle runs on computers and electrical.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:42 AM
pjw1967
Veteran

Originally Posted by coldsteel
Somewhere along the lines, a bean counter decided that since batteries are stronger and alternators are reliable so they didn't need to spend money to have a sensor to monitor the electrical system even though the entire vehicle runs on computers and electrical.
Many different styles on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Car-Charger-S...arette+lighter

Old 01-19-2017, 11:19 AM
usmc1811
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First thing I do after buying a vehicle (new or used) that I have researched for several months, I read the owners manual, I read all of it. It helps me if/when I may have a problem with the new/used vehicle. And if it didn't come with a owners manual, I make a real effort to find one. It's always better to be in the know. This also may help when trying to add something new and this forum is a great help for that.

Just saying.....

Last edited by usmc1811; 01-19-2017 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:47 PM
pjw1967
Veteran

Originally Posted by usmc1811
First thing I do after buying a vehicle (new or used) that I have researched for several months, I read the owners manual, I read all of it. It helps me if/when I may have a problem with the new/used vehicle. And if it didn't come with a owners manual, I make a real effort to find one. It's always better to be in the know. This also may help when trying to add something new and this forum is a great help for that.

Just saying.....
I do too, but it ain't easy. For example, we recently bought a '14 ML350, which is a Durango in a tuxedo (same chassis and V6). Part of their manual is on a disk which loads into the car's Comand system. No paper copy available. The files on the disk are ISO, which means they cannot easily be read on a computer. They have a voice command system, but the manual for same is not available as a pdf anywhere. Bought one off eBay for $25.00. The ML has a feature where you can open the windows and sunroof from the smart key. Looked for it in the OM. You would think it would be under "windows". Nope. It's under "side windows". Not even "windows, side". Nope. "Side windows". No wonder people get frustrated. I have ADD so I have the attention span of a gnat. There should be a law that all OM's be available online......

Old 01-20-2017, 09:29 AM
roogie
Rookie

Originally Posted by usmc1811

Just saying.....
That's good someone does, who else is gonna answer all the forum questions?

roog

Old 01-20-2017, 10:40 AM
aerostern

Originally Posted by roogie
Wish there was an ammeter or voltmeter in EVIC, unless I'm missing something.

roog

removed cigarette lighter added voltmeter and usb ports

Attached Thumbnails adding an oil pressure gauge-durango1.jpg  
Old 01-20-2017, 12:45 PM
usmc1811
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's why you should do your home work/research up front on any vehicle your thinking about buying new or used.

Again, just saying.

Last edited by usmc1811; 01-20-2017 at 12:47 PM.

Search this Thread