1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Bucket seat install

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 05:13 PM
93blueone
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bucket seat install

I know I said I would wait on this install but I decided WTF ! Installed 97 Cherokee seats . It was very easy to to (2 hrs).
Procedure:
Took out seats and removed the tracks off both jeep seats and Dakota seats.
had to drill one hole in each dakota track in the front so they would mount. Bolt and nut install. Installed new seat adjuster wire . drilled hole for track on front inside mount since spacing is 12" vs. 17" original seat.I used a self tapping bolt to install it. Feels pretty firm . Rear mount fit ok on outside. Had to use 1/4" steel plate drilled 2 holes on each end and installed one on inside stud bolted it down. Then I bolted other end to rear inside mount hole . I am using this plate as brace for helping to prevent seat from picking up in the event of an accident. Hopefully the plate will work ok. But I didnt have to weld anything and I kept the original mounting points in case one may need to use them.
In any case its done and Im through working on the truck. Maybe someone who buys it will appreciate it when I sell it in March.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:21 PM
Ramx2
Amateur

totally worthless without pics

Old 01-19-2017, 09:46 PM
93blueone

I agree. But I looked all over the site for pics of what to do to install seats in my truck and found none. Either nobody knows how to do it or its common knowledge. So I did it my way. Without pics.

Old 01-20-2017, 11:14 AM
93 ragtop
Record Breaker
Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by 93blueone
I agree. But I looked all over the site for pics of what to do to install seats in my truck and found none. Either nobody knows how to do it or its common knowledge. So I did it my way. Without pics.

So....... for us that have never done it, but would like to see pictures of seats installed by others, your not willing to help?

Made 18 post, mostly all asking for help..... then when no one has help for you, your not going to show how you figured it out!

Sure am glad we have a lot more people like, Robert, Ralph, ragged89, and Tbugden, just to name a few, that are willing to help others!!

People like them are what keeps this forum going.

Old 01-20-2017, 11:59 AM
93blueone

From what I have found here I have done more than most. At least I told how I did the conversion. I am not the kind of guy to take pics during a project. Sorry if you dont agree but at least I DID tell how its done. Maybe you guys can get someone who can read and explain how to do it for you. I dont own a cell phone and I dont use a camera so sorry no pics from me.

Old 01-20-2017, 03:03 PM
93 ragtop
Record Breaker

Have you.......
Well you joined in dec. 16 and ask the following up until now.

1. What are common problems with a 93? Several answered

2. Then you ask about gen 1 suppliers. Again several answered

3. You ask about rotors. Several answered

4. You ask about tire size, Jkeaton pointed you to a sticky explaining what fits

5.You ask about putting power windows in a manual truck. Tbugden answered, but it seems no one has done it.

6. You ask about a wheel noise. And this was answered

7. You ask what seats will bolt into a 1st gen truck other then a 1st gen seat.
Well no one answered because either no one has found anything that is a direct bolt in, or has even tried. Some of us may like the factory seat, and would recover rather then replace if needed. At any rate, no one seemed to know the answer to your question.

So, no one has helped you, therefore you are not taking pictures.

Seems with all of your post (7), people have tried to help you with all but this one.

Again, sure am glad most of the forum has a different attitude towards helping!!

Have a good day, and enjoy your seats.

Old 01-20-2017, 03:34 PM
93blueone

MY TRUCKIS A 93 .TWENTY THREE YEARS OLD AND AFTER ALL THIS TIME NO ONE HAS ANSWERS . CRAZY.I AM NOT A DODGE FANATIC. I BOUGHT IT BECAUSE I NEED A VEHICLE TO HAUL TRASH.THIS ONE WAS CLOSE BY AND AVAILABLE.
I DIDNT POST PICTURES BECAUSE I DONT HAVE A CELL PHONE TO TAKE PICTURES WITH ( READ MY LAST COMMENTS). IF YOU HAVE HALF A BRAIN ONE CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO INSTALL THE SEATS. THERE IS NO DIRECT BOLT IN SEAT OTHER THAN THE ORIGINAL SEAT. ANY OTHERS REQUIRE ONE TO THINK A BIT AND FIGURE IT OUT.MAYBE THATS WHERE YOUR PROBLEM LIES. Dont understand why everyone is all bent out of shape.
btw NO ONE POSTED PICTURES IN THEIR POSTS. WHY IS THAT?

Last edited by 93blueone; 01-20-2017 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:14 PM
93 ragtop
Record Breaker

MY TRUCKIS A 93 .TWENTY THREE YEARS OLD AND AFTER ALL THIS TIME NO ONE HAS ANSWERS . CRAZY.I AM NOT A DODGE FANATIC. I BOUGHT IT BECAUSE I NEED A VEHICLE TO HAUL TRASH.THIS ONE WAS CLOSE BY AND AVAILABLE.
I DIDNT POST PICTURES BECAUSE I DONT HAVE A CELL PHONE TO TAKE PICTURES WITH ( READ MY LAST COMMENTS). IF YOU HAVE HALF A BRAIN ONE CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO INSTALL THE SEATS. THERE IS NO DIRECT BOLT IN SEAT OTHER THAN THE ORIGINAL SEAT. ANY OTHERS REQUIRE ONE TO THINK A BIT AND FIGURE IT OUT.MAYBE THATS WHERE YOUR PROBLEM LIES. Dont understand why everyone is all bent out of shape.

23 years should be a hint to you. Use the search option. There are pictures of different seats. But alot of people have come and gone. They dont read or post here anymore.
Its your attitude quote ( But I looked all over the site for pics of what to do to install seats in my truck and found none. Either nobody knows how to do it or its common knowledge. So I did it my way. Without pics.)

Try giving a little, especially when you can, instead of taking all the time.

This is a place to share information and knowledge, as well as to gain. I sure am glad that others have shared what works and what dont. As well as giving ideas on how to do things.

FWIW this forum has helped me a lot, gave me lots of ideas and saved a lot of money....

Again, I am thankful for the ones who post their knowledge and ideas. Its what keeps this forum going

Old 01-20-2017, 07:31 PM
robertmee
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a 23 year old dakota...it's a disposable truck and most people treat them that way...they break and they go to the junk pile. So, true, there's not a lot of knowledge floating around vs say a 23 year old vette or mustang. One is collectible...one is utilitarian. If you search the forums there was quite a lot more activity 10 years ago when people were interested in keeping them going. Those posts have a wealth of knowledge. But most of us today are either diehard fans restoring our vehicles, or spend thrift mechanics trying to squeeze a few more miles out of our trucks. So there's not a lot of us, and we aren't on here 24/7 to answer questions. We do the best we can to answer, and wait patiently if we have questions. I've waited weeks for an appropriate answer, and when it comes, I'm very gracious for the help. Not butthurt because the forum wasn't at my beck and call. What's funny is that your reaction is to do the very thing your complaining about.