Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Front dome light

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 04:23 PM
amrespect
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front dome light

I have a 2005 caravan and the front dome lights and reading lights do not come on. The rear work fine. The digital thermostat/compass works and the bulbs are good.
Can anyone help???🤕

Old 03-23-2017, 07:52 AM
gpphillips
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check to make sure the bulb contacts the ring in the overhead. Also make sure the ring in the overhead is clean. My 2004 GC had burnt and melted a bulb (Mopar PC579) so when I replaced it I the light would not work. I then noticed the ring was not clean. I cleaned it with fine grit sand paper and it worked for a little while. Then the light went out again. Thru some research it is a common problem that the bulbs overheat in the housing. I then change them to Wagner PC579 since it has a bulb and a base. Unlike the Mopar bulb is hardwired to the base. The bulbs can be changed out by pulling out the existing bulb that it comes with and replace it with a LED 194 WHICH will not overheat. Bear in mind that if they do not come on you may have to turn the 194 around in the base.

Last edited by gpphillips; 03-23-2017 at 07:54 AM.