2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New to the truck headliner

Old 02-24-2017, 08:11 PM
02/01Ram
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the truck headliner

I was at the junk yard today and picked up a nice headliner for my truck. Real cheep too,15 bucks. It's got the passenger side grab handle that mine didn't have. I plan on dyeing it before I put it in. I have the dark grey Agate interior so I'm thinking an off the rack charcoal will be much better than the factory tan or whatever it is. I'll also dye/paint everything else that goes up there with it.
This leads me to my question.
I'll be dyeing the sun visors as well. Is there any way to remove those stupid WARNING stickers from the visors?
My first thought is the heat gun.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:17 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,170 Likes on 2,923 Posts

Heat gun will probably destroy the material, before the adhesive on those sticker let loose. Best bet is to just mask them off, and call it a day.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:53 PM
02/01Ram
Rookie

I'll probably go to jail for removing them(like the mattress tags) but somehow they wont be there when I'm done. If I can't get them off with heat and or chemical I was thinking some of the old headliner fabric might work to cover them. If I screw em up that bad I'll go back to the junk yard for replacements.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:42 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,170 Likes on 2,923 Posts

Originally Posted by 02/01Ram
I'll probably go to jail for removing them(like the mattress tags) but somehow they wont be there when I'm done. If I can't get them off with heat and or chemical I was thinking some of the old headliner fabric might work to cover them. If I screw em up that bad I'll go back to the junk yard for replacements.
That sounds like a good plan.

I always wondered when the mattress tag police were going to come and inspect my mattress. I pull the tags off.... Just because.

Old 03-04-2017, 12:55 PM
madmikesmech
Professional

Originally Posted by 02/01Ram
I was at the junk yard today and picked up a nice headliner for my truck. Real cheep too,15 bucks. It's got the passenger side grab handle that mine didn't have. I plan on dyeing it before I put it in. I have the dark grey Agate interior so I'm thinking an off the rack charcoal will be much better than the factory tan or whatever it is. I'll also dye/paint everything else that goes up there with it.
This leads me to my question.
I'll be dyeing the sun visors as well. Is there any way to remove those stupid WARNING stickers from the visors?
My first thought is the heat gun.
Did the one at the salvage yard come out of the done truck decent? How do you plan to adhere it into your truck?
A progress log as you do your headliner project?!!!

Search this Thread