2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Negative Camber Question

Old 03-28-2017, 10:55 AM
motorboatinjesus
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Negative Camber Question

Hello guys,

Just picked up another 1996 Ram 1500 Sport, 4x4. It is bone stock, and has about 300,000KM on it.

When i brought it home I went through the front end, and besides the usual slop in the steering everything checked out pretty good. The front tires however have wear on the inside edge (tires are pretty much bald anyway but it is very evident there was a negative camber issue. PO said he did the balljoints somewhat recently.

Looking at the truck head on, I cant visually see a cambering issue.

Questions:

Obviously worn out ball joints for an excessive amount of time cause the tires to wear on the inside correct?

I read plenty on the negative camber issue on this forum, and from my understanding the best way to correct the problem is to use adjustable balljoints? Is this not just bandaiding the actual issue?

Thanks guys

Old 03-28-2017, 05:52 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,170 Likes on 2,923 Posts

Wear on the inside edges might just be a toe problem too..... If the steering parts are tight (including the ball joints) I would take it to an alignment shop, and see what they had to say.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:41 PM
motorboatinjesus
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will do, I will report back with what they say hopefully in a few days

Search this Thread