South AR, LA, MS, KY, TN, AL, GA, FL, NC, SC, WV, VA, DE, DC, MD

Dodge Nitro Problems, PLEASE help!!!

Old 01-20-2015, 08:45 PM
turtlelovesjems
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Nitro Problems, PLEASE help!!!

I have an 2010 Dodge Nitro, in the past 2 weeks she has been acting up. It first started on my way home from work. She slipped and wouldn't shift (stuck in first gear), she is not a stick. Once I turned her off and back on she acted like nothing happened. No check engine light or nothing. 4 days later it happened again, but this time she jumped when I stepped on the gas then decided not to shift out of first gear. This time the check engine light came on for 2 lights then went off again. It's been a week and nothing until today. On my way home, at every light once I was waiting, I would feel the rpms fluks and then when I would go she wouldn't shift out of first gear. This time the check engine light came on and stayed. I can turn her off and turn her back on and nothing until I stop at the next light and wait. This time I now have a vibration with this problem. No loud or crazy noises or even a thump. the best way I can describe the jump is like the motor mounts went bad. Can anyone help me figure out where to start?? I know its the transmission, I've checked everything I can and all looks good from an non-professional mechanic, but I don't know where to start. I keep getting different ideas from different dealerships and mechanics. PLEASE someone give me some advise.

Last edited by turtlelovesjems; 01-20-2015 at 08:49 PM. Reason: more details added
Old 01-20-2015, 09:06 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 333 Likes on 297 Posts

Best to post in the nitro section. More people frequent that forum section.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dodge Nitro Problems, PLEASE help!!!