Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

'02 Durango 4X4 lift??

Old 06-16-2007, 07:52 PM
falcon241073
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '02 Durango 4X4 lift??

Read on a post in the forums here (somewhere) if I only wanted around a 3" lift that I could use shackles on the rear leafs and the torsion bars up front. Is the viable? How bad would my ride be affected? Would I need to get new shocks around the SUV? If so what suggestions on the shocks (size, type, brand, etc...)? Any info would be appreciated. Just looking for economical and easy of work so I can do it my self.

Thanks

Old 06-29-2007, 09:31 PM
flyboy1304
Veteran
Default RE: '02 Durango 4X4 lift??

you can use an add-a-leaf in the rear and or a shackel inthe rear but you'll see them. I did this on a 2wd S10 i liked it alot, or flop the leaf springs to the top of the axel. thats like a 5inn lift tho... shackels are really easy to install and i only paid 80 for mine. the add a leaf makes the ride stiff .

Old 07-10-2008, 08:53 PM
xxsurfordiexx
Default RE: '02 Durango 4X4 lift??

You should look into the Rancho Lifts. They might be a bit exspensive but they do the job and keep your ride nice on and off road. If you put add-a-leaf in the back your ride will tend to come out more stiff and for your torsion bars in the front you should prob buy a torsion leveling kit and crank it up 3 inches. You can leave it as is but it makes for a very uncomfy ride as i did this on my ranger. To better the ride you should replace all four shocks, i used Nitro Shocks all around, and it evened out the ride in the back and front tho it is still somewhat stiff. Going with Rancho lifts or 3 inch body lifts will give you enough room for 33 inch tires but at a cost.
[align=left] [/align]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '02 Durango 4X4 lift??