Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

Will the 2013 Dodge Dart succeed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 04:53 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Will the 2013 Dodge Dart succeed?

As the owner of a vintage Dart (albeit a Demon 340), I like the new Dart and I think that it will do well when it arrives.

Read more about the old Dart compared to the new Dart here.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:39 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it too. I think the guys who loved the Neons and SRT4s are going to love the new Dart. I wouldn't mind getting the SRT Dart I personally love the styling and I think it would be fun as hell to tinker with.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:24 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i really hope that the dart srt4 becomes reality. in my talks with ralph gilles and other people inside chrysler, i believe that something is on the way but they are using the early models to gauge the success of the model as a whole.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:58 PM
RC81
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure if I'm pleased with the new dart,I know there's not that much info on it yet but to me it looks kinda meh. when they said they were bringing the dart back I was expecting the demon not a rally type car. for the rally style car do they plan to make it AWD or just keep it as FWD I had an 05 neon and I wasn't too thrilled that it was a FWD and the fact that it lacked power, that's what I'm afraid they'll end up doing with this line up of the dart make it a FWD with no power, why didn't they put a Vtech V6 in it, why use a crappy 1.4 for the lowest model and a 2.4liter for the highest model? I like power in my vehicles. and what mods do you see coming out for the darts?

Old 04-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Boulee
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by BadStratRT
i really hope that the dart srt4 becomes reality. in my talks with ralph gilles and other people inside chrysler, i believe that something is on the way but they are using the early models to gauge the success of the model as a whole.
So do I Patrick. I was thinking of buying a dart when they come out, but if they are gonna build a SRT version I'm gonna have to wait.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:06 PM
stuffedbackseat

Based on the test drive reviews of the car, I think it can succeed. It's definitely going into a tough market though, competing with the Focus and the Cruze, but I think it was designed well and is a good vehicle. The interior is modern and spacious, with ample room for wide shoulders and hips. Also, it's got 14 interior color combinations. A lot of the interior features are things you'd typically find on a more expensive car.
As for engine specs, there are three engine options and three transmission options: The standard engine is a new 160-hp 2.0-liter Tigershark four. The other options are a 160-hp (with 36 more footpounds of torque) 16-valve 1.4-liter MultiAir Turbo four, which is not a Tigershark and a new 184-horse 2.4-liter MultiAir 2 Tigershark four. The three transmission types are a 6-speed automatic, a 6-speed manual, and a 6-speed dual dry clutch transmission.
The 2.0-liter with the manual is good for 25 mpg city, 36 highway and 29 combined EPA ratings, while the MulitAir Turbo with the manual is EPA rated at 27/39/29 mpg.

The car sounds like it'll be an efficient machine and I think it'll be able to hold its own in the market.

Last edited by lghtngblt02; 07-02-2012 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Link Removed
Old 06-19-2012, 06:08 PM
scatpack_69
All Star

I think it'll do pretty well. I was on the bench styling wise, but I saw the red one that had Mopar accessories on it in person at the Vegas race in March, and it looks pretty dang good, especially with those wheels!

Hoping for an SRT, but would be stoked for an AWD SRT!

Old 06-24-2012, 10:23 PM
manny88

I think the design is beautiful and it's very competitive numerically. I think this is for sure a winner for Dodge.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:29 PM
topgun
Captain

I saw one at the local stealer last weekend. Looked really nice, was the Rallye edition. They had their market adjustment next to the window sticker though so they can keep it. The dealer network will be the deciding factor on how well it does as the car itself looks like a winner.

Quick Reply: Will the 2013 Dodge Dart succeed?