Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

Worst experience ever !!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 12:33 PM
gatordave641
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Worst experience ever !!!!!!!!!

I would like to thank dodge for giving me the worst experience dealing with a company in my life... I purchased a 2013 dart limited 3 weeks ago. It was my first new car in over 25 years. In this time the camshaft sensor has gone bad , the traction control was replaced and after being told it would be ready today after being in the shop for 6 days I finally found out after I had to call them that the car wasnt ready and now the engine had to be replaced and that was going to be another 7-10 days.... Then they expect me to take the financial hit for the depreciation of having the engine replaced even before I have made the first payment !!!!! They have taken what was a really great feeling and totally have ruined the ownership experience....I have asked for a replacement car and of course was denied.....Thanks again dodge for making me feeling like such a valued customer. Today is day 15 without my car and makes it eligible for the Florida lemon law which I will request first thing Monday morning with the state attorney's office. I was supposed to recieve a call back on the status of my request for a replacement car on Friday but no call. I am currently looking for the area zone managers phone number as the one I found was disconnected however I did find the email for the admin for the CEO of dodge and plan on contacting them shortly. This has become a total nightmare.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:59 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Did they provide you a loaner/rental?

Old 06-29-2013, 05:26 PM
gatordave641

after they told me at first they couldnt give me one as I didnt have the extended warranty.... they gave me a base hyundai accent....

Old 06-29-2013, 07:39 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Make them buy that POS back.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:53 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

What a crock of ****... the extended warranty doesn't kick in until the factory warranty runs out (hence the name), and has nothing to do with a loaner.

Thankfully, we have no issues, and are loving our Dart.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:15 PM
gatordave641

First their excuse was " you dont have the extended warranty" then after having my car for six hours and not being able to get the cam shaft sensor off they finally gave me one of their used cars off of the lot at 7pm after they told me it would only take 3 hrs to put on the new sensor. Then they told me I had to come back Monday afternoon to trade the car out with a rental. Then after I mentioned this to the service manager the story suddenly changed to well the rental place isnt open on saturday anyway. This is the same guy who said when I complained about the traction control taking a week to replace. " Well I just turn my off anyway." Nice attitude .......

Old 06-30-2013, 05:05 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gatordave641
First their excuse was " you dont have the extended warranty" then after having my car for six hours and not being able to get the cam shaft sensor off they finally gave me one of their used cars off of the lot at 7pm after they told me it would only take 3 hrs to put on the new sensor. Then they told me I had to come back Monday afternoon to trade the car out with a rental. Then after I mentioned this to the service manager the story suddenly changed to well the rental place isnt open on saturday anyway. This is the same guy who said when I complained about the traction control taking a week to replace. " Well I just turn my off anyway." Nice attitude .......
Sounds like you just got beef with your dealership. Make sure you write it all up when you got a CSI call from Chrysler. They usually call you or send you a letter a week or 2 after your first service.

Last edited by steak59; 06-30-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:03 PM
SirMaru

You are lucky you didn't buy a Jeep. I heard they recalled all of them for the last several years after it was discovered a rear end collision could ignite the gas tank.

My 2013 Dodge Dart seems great to me. After 2 months of ownership the only problem was I lost the satellite for my GPS 8.4" display for a few minutes under a heavy dark cloud today. My own separate Garmin had that problem once per week.

I paid for the extended warranty which will take me to 7 years and / or 70,000 miles.

Sorry you had the bad experience but even the best doctors end up burying some of their patients.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:56 PM
gatordave641
Default Todays update

Ok now they told me today that the engine is ready and everything is fine but there is a flash code in the steering they are checking with the engineer to see if there is a problem or if it needs to be updated. I assume it will be ready Tuesday but not holding my breath. I did speak with the lawyer today and that only took 3 minutes his words were " Lemon Law it." and if they give you any problems just let me know.....

Old 07-01-2013, 10:26 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I wouldn't want it back, to be honest. That particular one seems to have some serious issues that may not ever go away. They should crush it into a square to exorcise the demon.

Originally Posted by SirMaru
You are lucky you didn't buy a Jeep. I heard they recalled all of them for the last several years after it was discovered a rear end collision could ignite the gas tank.
ALL of them...really? And don't you mean squashed to the point that the vehicle occupies a space the size of a washing machine? They let tons of cars from other automakers off the hook that have much worse track records. What you should be worried about is your fony govt agencies that claim to "protect" you.

Last edited by TNtech; 07-01-2013 at 10:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Worst experience ever !!!!!!!!!