Notices
Archived Classifieds This forum is closed for posting. Expired Classifieds threads only.

WTT: S3+ NSRT-4 for CSRT or 08+ Avenger

Old 02-25-2011, 10:32 PM
nemiro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTT: S3+ NSRT-4 for CSRT or 08+ Avenger

Username: nemiro
Preferred Contact Method: PM me please
2005 Dodge Neon - Stone White (SW1)
Price: Trade
Mileage - 90k

Hello All-
I am interested in trading my 2005 SRT-4, loaded, for a relatively stock CSRT-4 or a 2008+ Dodge Avenger. Before I launch into the NSRT, and all of its amenities, I am looking for a good, CSRT-4 or Avenger. My car is adult owned, in excellent condition, and has not been raced. I depend on it to be a great, and fun, daily driver, so it does not get beat on.

OK, this NSRT-4 has a bit of a story to it, so I will explain. It, in fact, did not start life as a NSRT-4. No, it was a 2005 Neon SE that a coworker bought, owned for three weeks, and hit a deer with (still ran and drove). So, right at five years ago, I bought it, drove it, and then fixed the damage. At the same time, I bought a rolled over NSRT-4, and both cars were stripped to bare frames. All of the NSRT-4 stuff was transferred. The great part about doing this, and not just fixing up a titled NSRT is the insurance. My insurance runs about 1/4th the cost of a NSRT (and I know, I have owned 8 NSRTs to date).

I lined the entire floor (from firewall to rear of trunk) with DynaMat, which really quiets up the car, and gives a more 'quality' feel to it. I put polyurethane bushings all around, Mopar tension struts, Koni adjustable struts, Eibach springs, Hotchkiss sway bars, PWerks rear strut bar and a SlowBoy front crash bar in, all to stiffen up the chassis, and make the car handle. I used Hawk HP brake pads, ACR wheels, and an improved front wheel bearing setup for durability.

The engine is built with almost entirely with brand new components, including a brand new crank, Crower rods, JE 8.0:1 pistons (with coatings), DCR oil pump, coated bearings, AllMotorMike ported head, BC Stage4 (Crane 18 clone) cams, BC valve springs and titanium retainers, MPx cam gears, 2.7l V6 rocker arms, 'shaved' lifters, DCR oil mod, ported and powder coated intake, 55mm TB, DCR 47# Stage 3 turbo, with ceramic coated manifold WITH 38mm TiAl external wastegate (rerouted, very civil), MaxxFab 3" O2 housing, 3" mandrel bent exhaust (w/muffler, single 3" outlet), and more (itemized list will be below).

The transaxle is really fun. I started with a 2004 NSRT-4 T850, stripped it, and powdercoated the case. Inside went all new parts this year, including new 3rd and 4th gears, RageTek 5th gear (AWESOME!), RageTek 3/4 fork, AGP billet gear selector, and a few other goodies. Clutch is an ACT non-modular unit with aluminum flywheel from RealTune. Throwout bearing is a RageTek Hydraulic Throwout Bearing arrangement, which I have been running for almost four years with nothing but great results. Shifter is a MadDog 50%. New shifter cables and clutch master cylinder in February 2010.

Cooling system is made up of a Visteon aluminum radiator, modified to accept the stock fan package. Even on 100° days in the southwest with the A/C on, this car never even thinks about breaking a sweat! I am running a Godspeed BFMIC out front, too.

Interior has all of the amenities 2005 Commemorative Edition blue stitched SRS seats (EXTREMELY RARE!), RB1 navigation radio, with 6 DVD (yes, DVD) changer and flip down rear monitor, with two pairs of wireless headphones. If you have kids, you know how awesome this is! Instrumentation includes Autometer full sweep electronic servo type gauges in a triple pillar pod for Fuel Pressure, Oil Pressure and Boost (with peak and warning). There is also an onboard Innovate Motorsports LC-1 wideband with full color display. In addition, I have an actual aircraft certified 4 channel digital EGT (one probe per cylinder). If that were not enough, there is a custom mounted Aeroforce scan gauge mounted INSIDE the cluster (looks factory!). Plenty of other plusses here, too. Oh, yeah, FACTORY style cruise control (if you have ever owned a NSRT, you know how awesome that is!)

On the outside, as previously mentioned, ACR BBS wheels wrapped in Continental DWS tires (new in 2010). ND4SPD 'retro' headlamps, featuring E55 projectors and 55W HID lamps (4.3k). I also run 35W 3.0k (yellow) HID fog lamps. VERY bright package, without blinding oncoming traffic. One of the best mods to the car! Badging includes SRT-4 Turbo front badge, CSRT-4 rear badge and Flex Fuel badge (for when you want to run E85!)

So that is the description in a nutshell. There are tons more details. I will be glad to answer any questions. I need to take brand new pictures, but here are some various pics I have taken over time. Here is the more detailed list, and I will be adding more to it, as I remember it all:

Engine:
  • 2005 SRT-4 2.4L Engine Block
  • JE 8.0:1 .020" pistons (with teflon skirt coatings)
  • Crower Rods (with uprated rod bolts)
  • Coated bearings
  • DCR Oil Pump
  • Powder Coated oil pan
  • Brand new balance shafts (yes, I like it smooth!)
  • All Motor Mike Ported Head (stock sized valves)
  • BC Stage 4 Cams (Crane 18 clones, new Feb 2011)
  • BC Springs and Retainers
  • "Shaved" new stock lifters (helps prevent lifter pump up)
  • New 2.7l V6 followers (better retention and oiling)
  • DCR Oil Mod
  • Ported and Powder Coated Intake Manifold
  • PTP 55mm Throttle Body
  • DCR 47# Stage 3 turbo, with 3" Bellmouth AND Anti-Surge
  • Stage 3 Exhaust Manifold with Rerouted TiAl 38mm Wastegate and 4 EGT probes (awesome!)
  • MaxxFab 3" Stainless Steel O2 housing, ceramic coated
  • DCR Billet Timing Belt Tensioner
  • Gates Racing Timing Belt
  • ATI Super Damper Crank Pulley
  • Dual Catch Can Setup (Nice!)

Driveline:
2004 T850 Transaxle with all of the following:
  • Powder Coated case
  • New 3rd and 4th Gears/Synchros
  • RageTek .62 5th Gear (revs 2000 @ 65), makes car very quiet, great mileage
  • RageTek 3/4 Shift Fork
  • AGP Billet Shift Selector
  • Quaiffe Limited Slip Differential
  • Amsoil ATF
  • Brand new axles (2010)
  • Custom Wheel Bearing/Hub Setup (more durable than stock SRT-4)
  • Custom Transaxle "bobbel strut" rear mount with Polybushings.com strut
  • New shifter cables (2010)
  • New Clutch Master Cylinder (2010)
  • RageTek Clutch Pedal Pivot
  • RageTek Hydraulic Throw Out Bearing (awesome!)
  • ACT Street Clutch w/Aluminum Flywheel (2010) - RealTune
  • Polyurethane engine mount inserts (red race)
  • More that I am forgetting

Chassis and Brakes:
  • Polyurethane bushings (all)
  • Mopar Performance Tension Struts
  • Mopar Performance Rear Adjustable Links
  • PWerks Rear Strut Tower Brace
  • Mopar Towing Hitch (Class I, good utility and stiffens up rear of car!)
  • Eibach Springs
  • Koni Adjustable Struts (all four corners)
  • SlowBoy Racing Front Crash Bar (very stiff!)
  • Hawk HP Plus Brake Pads
  • Stainless steel brake lines
  • Speed Bleeders brake bleeders on all four corners
  • DynaMat installed (two layers in most places) From Firewall to Trunk
  • 3" Mandrel Bent Exhaust w/Muffler

Electronics, Engine Management, Fuel:
  • Autometer 52mm Electronic Full Sweep Fuel Pressure Gauge
  • Autometer 52mm Electronic Full Sweep Oil Pressure Gauge
  • Autometer 52mm Electronic Full Sweep Boost Gauge (with peak memory and warning indicator)
  • Innovate LC-1 Wideband O2 with XD-1 Full Color Gauge
  • AeroLogic 4 Channel Digital EGT Gauge
  • Aeroforce OBDII Scan Gauge (custom integrated into cluster)
  • Walbro 255lph Fuel pump
  • Custom Returnline Setup with Bottleneck Fix (BNF), Gauge (one under hood, plus sender for Autometer Gauge), etc
  • Racetronix 875cc/min @ 43.5 psi High-Z Injectors (E85 ready!)
  • 3" Cold Air Induction with K&N Air Filter
  • Custom SCT Programming on a Mopar Performance Stage 3 PCM by ND Performance
  • FULL Mopar Performance Stage 3 Turbo Toys (with Dial-A-Boost, Intercooler Sprayers, HOM, etc)
  • ND Performance TCS: DriverMod with ESS option (of course!)
  • Factory Type Cruise Control

Body and Interior:
  • ND4SPD 50W HID E55 Retro Headlamps
  • 35W 3K HID Foglamps
  • CSRT-4 Rear Badge
  • FlexFuel Badge
  • 2005 Commemorative Edition Blue Stitched Seats (SRS)
  • Mopar RB1 Navigation Radio (with latest maps and 15mph 'cheat' software)
  • Mopar Sirius Satellite Radio Receiver (current subscription, could work it into the deal)
  • Mopar 6 DVD Changer (will play movies or .AAC files (like MP3s) to get ~1000 songs on a disc
  • Mopar Flip Down LCD Screen w/wireless headphones
  • Redline Tuning Hydraulic Hood Struts (nice)
  • Brand new front fascia and paint (Summer 2010, replaced old one because of cracks, wear and tear, not a wreck)

If you have read this far, I can also tell you that there are many other details I am not remembering at the moment. What I can tell you is that this has been the most fun turbo four cylinder car I have ever owned. It is powerful, but yet gets great mileage (30mpg is way easy).

If you look at the list, you will see that the bulk of the mods are designed to make the car more robust, rather than simply power mods. This pays big dividends. It is reliable - I drove it on a 9500 mile cross country trip earlier this year.

Is it a show car? Well, maybe, but it's not perfect. That being said, it is a southwest car, rust free. Even the bolts under the hood look new - no surface rust.

It is titled as a 2005 Dodge Neon - NOT a SRT-4. What does this mean? Insurance on this car is dirt cheap, even with expanded full coverage, as I now have on it. I have owned eight SRT-4's. This is my favorite. I get in it, and drive it anywhere. It has almost no creaks or rattles, no issues to speak of. I am a bit 'meticulous' about maintenance, and want everything perfect at all times with it.

This car is NOT THRASHED! I have never been to a race track with it (been on a dyno once). My racing days are behind me, and I can count on one hand how many 'street contests' it has been in since I have been driving it (for 5 years). In other words, this car will not fall apart the instant you get it.

The Pics (all of these were taken 24 Feb 2011):

Interior:

Old 02-25-2011, 10:33 PM
nemiro

Instrument panel and radio/NAV/DVD pics:

Check out this awesome lighting setup!

Old 02-25-2011, 10:33 PM
nemiro

Engine Pics:

Old 02-28-2011, 08:23 AM