Dodge Durango Gets ‘Pursuit’ Trim Level for Law Enforcement
Watch out, speed junkies. Police will now have a Hemi Charger and a Durango on your tail.
Dodge is expanding its police vehicle lineup, adding a new Pursuit version of its Dodge Durango.
“Unofficial testing results at the Michigan State Police 2018 model-year vehicle evaluation event created such a stir among law enforcement agencies that we simply had to find a way to build this vehicle,” said Steve Beahm, Head of Passenger Car Brands, Dodge//SRT, Chrysler and FIAT – FCA North America. “The Dodge Durango is already known as the Charger of SUVs, so it is only natural that the new Durango Pursuit complements the Charger Pursuit in police fleets across the country.”
The 2018 Dodge Durango Pursuit is powered by a 5.7-liter Hemi V8, coupled with a full-time, active all-wheel-drive (AWD) system. This is the same powertrain combination most commonly deployed in the Dodge Charger Pursuit, the top-selling police sedan in the U.S. market. The Durango Pursuit also offers a two-speed transfer case for true low-range off-road capability and incorporates larger, heavy-duty anti-lock brakes that deliver a 60-0 mile per hour (mph) stopping distance of 134 feet.
Notable standard features of the 2018 Dodge Durango Pursuit include:
- 5.7- V-8 HEMI with Fuel Saver Technology delivers best-in-class horsepower (360) and torque (390 lb-ft.)
- Eight-speed automatic transmission delivers quick shifts and improved fuel economy
- Rear-wheel-drive-based drivetrain is the foundation for Durango’s outstanding on-road driving performance. Standard AWD further enhances driver confidence by leveraging the SUV’s 50/50 weight distribution
- Segment’s longest wheelbase (119.8 inches) provides added stability and improved handling
- Best-in-class 7,200-lb. towing capability
- 8.1 inches of ground clearance
- ParkView rear backup camera with ParkSense alert
- Eight-way power adjusting driver seat controls
- Air conditioning with air filtration
- Under-vehicle mount for spare tire, maximizing interior cargo space and accessibility
- Class-exclusive, K-9 friendly Tri-Zone interior temperature control
- Trailer sway control
- Spot lamp wiring prep package
- 220-amp alternator
- 800 cold cranking amp (CCA) battery
- Heavy-duty oil cooler and water pump
- Power locking fuel filler door